1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Downloading images from texts

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by AllLacqueredUp, May 27, 2011.

1. AllLacqueredUp

For some reason when I hit the download button, nothing happens. It says "downloading" for like 30 seconds and then nothing. I check my downloads folder and it's not there. Any advice? Is this happening to anyone else?

2. mted558

mted558 Well-Known Member

same thing happening to me. it's been downloading for about 2 hours now and nothing. any one else? any ideas what to do?:thinking:

3. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Android Expert

check gallery in the menu

4. AllLacqueredUp

In what menu? The picture never downloads. You hit the download button and nothing happens.

5. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Android Expert

in the APPS menu sometimes pictures download and you just cant tell it takes time to download over a 3g connection it will just show up next time to check that text.

6. V425

V425 Android Enthusiast

that happened to me on my old Hero, had to do a factory reset to fix it

7. Joppie

Joppie Well-Known Member

What SMS app are you using? Handcent has a "download" folder that it places saved images from texts. Its on the

8. JesusChris

JesusChris Lurker

I had the same problem. It seems that you get a one chance to save the image (on ChompSMS). Afterwards, when looking at the image, the menu flashes very quickly and you cannot save the image anymore. It happens on the default sms app to. I have a Nexus S 4G. I have not found a way around this.

9. V425

V425 Android Enthusiast

I don't think you are able to download pics while using mobile hotspot, not sure if you were but that may have been the problem

10. kmparks24

kmparks24 Lurker

This is happening to me right now. I press download on the text, it says downloading for about 30 seconds, then the download button appears again. I checked my Gallery and Download folders and nothing. Help!

11. ACEinthehole

ACEinthehole Member

Yes happened today actually.

Nexus S 4G Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews