• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Apps Downloading new Video/Audio lessons from an app

kdar1987

Jul 15, 2010
I want to make an up which will contain some audio or video tutorials (kind of like 20-30min podcast), and I want users to be able to download new ones as they are created (possibly be able to remove old ones too). I also want to be able to categorize those audio/video files by different subject. And of course, be able to listen to them (onces they are downloaded)

How could I do it?

I was looking at the app made for Amazon music store and I think it have a lot common with what I want to do with mine. (you can buy music there, view them by different category, genre.. etc)

How do you think I could make this work? Where would I need to upload those audio and video files? (can I have them somewhere on my host, and make the app fetch them when user wants it?)

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones