• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Downloading Problem (app store and not only)

Alexa54

Lurker
Jan 1, 2012
Hello! :)

First, I have a HTC Desire and I don't have Froyo..and I have only 11MB free phone-memory left and I can't dowlnload new stuff and applications anymore.Yes, I could download the new system update from the internet like it sometimes appears on my screen(for the 2.2 update I guess?), but it doesn't want to, even if I delete some applications and it has even more free memory left.Anything I try to download..it just doesn't let me.

So, in other words(because most of the people don't understand what I wrote above LOL), I can't update my phone to 2.2 by downloading that system update through WiFi ( and even if I didn't want to update, I still want to be able to download things.. ).So, I can't download ANYTHING from the app store! I mean, it looks like it's ALWAYS downloading something in the upper left corner, but it doesn't load, so it doesn't download anything eventually.And it's not because I don't have enough memory, 11MB SHOULD BE FINE for a small application at least.Oh and I also can't update my applications anymore..or download photos, or anything.

I want to update the 2.1 to Froyo and to be able to download more apps..and to update the apps I already have..you know, like a normal HTC user.

THANKS ! :D

Thanks, but just for the record, one year ago I was able to download apps even with less memory than that as far as I remember.

Now, I deleted 5 of my applications and I have 40MB free space.It still doesn't work.It says 'starting download..' FOREVER and it doesn't update anything.And those things in the upper left corner which look like loading won't disappear..because apparently they never get downloaded.

Upvote 0
Thanks, but just for the record, one year ago I was able to download apps even with less memory than that as far as I remember.

There is a 15MB cut of point. After 15MB, you cannot download any apps. It leaves space for e-mails and sms to still come through as they use this space too. You can not have ever downloaded apps with less than 11MB free.

Now, I deleted 5 of my applications and I have 40MB free space.It still doesn't work.It says 'starting download..' FOREVER and it doesn't update anything.And those things in the upper left corner which look like loading won't disappear..because apparently they never get downloaded.

Tried a reboot?

You may even need to factory reset if that still doesnt work. You can backup most of your stuff with the mybackup pro free 30 day trial.

Reactions: Alexa54
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones