1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

downloading ROMS to my EVO

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by JOFFERMAN1178, May 25, 2011.

1. JOFFERMAN1178

JOFFERMAN1178 Lurker

I am a total newbie and am completely lost. I rooted my EVO and downloaded ROM Manager v4.2.1.0 (free). I went to download ROM option and it list of ROMS I chose a ROM and it started dowloading. It finishes but doesnt do anything. So after doing it 5 times I decided to try loading a ROM to my SD card and installing that way. I open the folder I created to hold the ROM and click the ROM Evervolv-Acies-1.1.0b3 and when I do it just opens up to two different files. 1 is META-INF/ the 2nd is system/ if I click them it just shows me more files. PLEASE HELP ME!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. beastinbolts

beastinbolts Android Expert

Well first thing I have noticed it far better option to flash roms in recovery. Using Rom manager more often then not causes problems if you not sure what is doing....if u can boot your phone up go ahead and do that can u boot up?

3. beastinbolts

Then u will want to put a ROM.zip on the top level of your SD card. (Not in any folders) then boot into recovery and do all the required wipes. Then flash zip from SD option is what u want. Select your Rom.zip and happy flashing

4. beastinbolts

Well seeing that your new..
    Wipe all factory data reset, cache and device. I would wipe the last two a couple of times..... o and please make a back up...before doing any else

5. JOFFERMAN1178

JOFFERMAN1178 Lurker

I used ROM MANAGER and it all went well but now it rebooted and is at the HTC EVO white screen. Is this normal

6. beastinbolts

thats why i don't suggest using rom manager.. some where along the line it did not flash your rom correctly... very picky program... tell you what if your willing lets do this manually. so you under stand whats going on. then if your like you can use rom manager later and you will then know what the app can and can't do

so first did you make a nandroid?

7. JOFFERMAN1178

JOFFERMAN1178 Lurker

Not sure how to do that. Sorry very new to this. Just ROOTED phone Yesterday

8. JOFFERMAN1178

JOFFERMAN1178 Lurker

Actually I was abl[e to get my phone to go the boot screen and am currently installing the ROM from recovery. I did make a complete back up of my system using both my hardrive on my computer and using superbox tool and titanium backup

9. JOFFERMAN1178

JOFFERMAN1178 Lurker

wow it worked!!! I think. I rebotted and is now on evervol ROM. SO excited right now. Like a sissy in a weiny factory

10. beastinbolts

ok then probably not... so you dont have a working rom right now
    Do you have a card reader? or a sdcard adapter u can use to plug your sdcard in to your pc

wow edit..... i must have missed your post some how glad your good to go

11. JOFFERMAN1178

JOFFERMAN1178 Lurker

It worked I have the new ROM but no contacts

12. beastinbolts

you will need to sign in to google to get thoes

13. JOFFERMAN1178

JOFFERMAN1178 Lurker

ok sorry to frustrate anyone. I got my contacts from my gmail account so thats cool but I noticed I dont have music. Do I need to download that from my SD card

14. beastinbolts

if you have a file app.. you can copy and paste them to your media folder

15. beastinbolts

ya lol sound like your answering your own questions as I am typing.....

HTC EVO 4G Forum

The HTC EVO 4G release date was June 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

June 2010
Release Date
Reviews