1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Downloading ???s

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by centcom10, Feb 7, 2011.

1. centcom10

centcom10 Lurker
    None

Feb 5, 2011
    Hi, I have this new Ascend! Ok, when I do downloads how long are they supposed to take? When I initiated the download, it said "starting download" with a blue/white striped bar, under the section heading "Currently Downloading". It never said "download complete". It was sitting on that bar for a looong time.

Later, I checked onto the same screen (under My Apps), and it says "Downloads" with the three apps I was downloading.... then they disappeared one by one??? (What was that?)

Assuming they were downloaded (because it doesn't say "Download complete" or "Completed Downloads"), where then do you go to SEE the apps?

Second ??? - When I press the "Send" button, the phone shows calls recently made. How can I hide the phone numbers associated with each entry (showing only the names)?

Third ??? - The unlock screen appears while making a call that requires you to hit DTMFs (like calling a customer service line, the hospital, etc.). How do you change the timeout for the unlock screen?

Advertisement

2. BlastGT1

BlastGT1 Android Enthusiast
    None

Jan 20, 2011
    Doesn't pay enough
    The Gate
    1. If you're downloading apps over 1x, it's going to be painfully slow. You're far better off to do any downloading when you have a WiFi connection. Those progress bars normally disappear, and should usually be replaced by a message in the pull-down bar that says they were downloaded/installed successfully. To access the apps you downloaded, touch the leftmost icon in your dock at the bottom left corner of the screen, the one that looks like 4 squares. This is your App Drawer.

2. I don't know of a way to hide phone numbers themselves in your call log, as I didn't find any settings that seemed relevant. However, you can delete calls from the log by long-pressing (touching and holding until you get a menu or other action) on each individual call, and choosing the option to remove from call log.

3. Press Menu>Settings>Sound & display (or App Drawer>Settings>Sound & display), scroll down to Screen Timeout, change your setting there.

FYI, I would highly suggest reading the user manual for the phone so that you become more familiar with it. You can plug your phone into any computer and access the manual from there. Download a copy of it to your computer so that you won't have to keep reconnecting your phone to see it.