1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Root Downloading Torrents with WiFi Tether

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by forzaditalia, Sep 24, 2011.

1. forzaditalia

forzaditalia Lurker
    None

Aug 6, 2011
    :thinking: i have rooted my samsung indulge for metro pcs. The wifi 3.0 tether application works fine most of the times, but if I try to use utorrent to download files, it won't even download at all. is there a way to make this work?

Advertisement

2. n4zty

n4zty Android Expert
    None

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    your probaly new here and if so let me be the first to say we have gone off on people for using metro's network for torrents. why have we? beacause of that now metro is canecling people's account for tethering its been confirmed by a few metro dealers that have recieved emails from metro hq. we dont see why people use their phone to download torrent files personally i think thats stupid just get a cheap dsl and download all the torrents u want. anyways take it from me no offense, but i stopped tethering. metro is monitoring our phones and they will cancel without notice. You Have Been Warned!

3. AndroidxGuy

AndroidxGuy Android Enthusiast
    None

May 24, 2011
    I believe asking for help to download torrents is not permitted on this forum and may get you suspended/banned. Just a heads up.

4. eljefe0000

eljefe0000 Android Enthusiast
    None

Jan 18, 2011
    importer/exporter/gravedigger
    NYC
    who the hell downloads torrents with a cell phone i mean damn seriously dude no wonder metro pcs slows down its bandwidth

5. jafo69

jafo69 Lurker
    None

Sep 2, 2011
    Some torrents are really small. Take the Netflicks app for example. I use wifi tether and watch hours of streaming shows thru my home theater pc, connected to a 1080 DLP projector. It sucks up the bandwith like crazy. I feel we should have the choice to use torrents. And shame on anyone against this freedom. WE ARE PAYING FOR INTERNET!

6. Kaiser17

Kaiser17 Android Enthusiast
    None

Sep 14, 2011
    Male
    Webmaster/Web Design & Data Entry
    Atlanta, GA
    I agree, thats I dont use one and tell others not to. I made a article about it http://androidforums.com/samsung-ga...pot-tether-your-metropcs-android-phone-s.html

7. eljefe0000

eljefe0000 Android Enthusiast
    None

Jan 18, 2011
    importer/exporter/gravedigger
    NYC

streaming and downloading are 2 different things we all stream with our devices however downloading torrents is another ballgame

8. TRS-80

TRS-80 Android Enthusiast
    None

This. Torrents open many, many connections to many different places simultaneously. This can slow down Metro's network. Be considerate of other users.

Actually, the amount of "internet" you are paying for does not include the bandwidth required for torrents without negatively affecting other users on the network. You are only paying for a mobile internet connection. That's why it is only $50 per month (which actually includes phone, as well as data, etc...).

Bottom line, just be considerate of other people folks.

9. jafo69

jafo69 Lurker
    None

Sep 2, 2011
    I am paying $60 per month not $50. UNLIMMITED!