• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Downloads/Web Stalls Out?

BLK MAJK

Jul 14, 2010
So I have a nagging issue that has been there since day one and continues even after being rooted/froyo'd/de-odexe'd/themed. Sometimes when loading a webpage (happens with all programs, xscope, stock browser, dolphin), the progress bar will move about 20% and just stall out. Usually retrying a couple times will make it load fast as it should. Right now I am on vacation and there is no wifi access here, so I am using Wireless Tether. I am running into the same issue with that...I can see the download speed drop to 0 and sit there...Not a major problem to just try and reload a couple times and it takes off. The real issue is trying to download a larger file (60 mb) and it will get halfway and stop...then I have to try all over again...and again....and again. I have GREAT service...full bars in 3G and a signal strength in the low 70 db. Sometimes I have noticed that while it is stalled out, the 3G icon will disappear for a few seconds then come back....any ideas?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones