• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Someone somewhere is a lying toe rag and surely they are illegally advertising products. If someone said something and took them to court, the someone would win. What am I on about? Bloody downloads that allege that they are FREE!

Kaspersky Mobile Security - ooh! Says I I'll have that - I already have KIS on three machines but a freebie - gimme. No it ain't - it is only a trial and not free at all.

Someone somewhere is a lying toe rag and surely they are illegally advertising products. If someone said something and took them to court, the someone would win. What am I on about? Bloody downloads that allege that they are FREE!

Kaspersky Mobile Security - ooh! Says I I'll have that - I already have KIS on three machines but a freebie - gimme. No it ain't - it is only a trial and not free at all.

Upvote 0
The definition derives from old England where convicts used to tie bits of shirt around their toes and feet as a make shift sock, hence "toe rag" means scoundrel, criminal, thief, indecent/unlawful person etc. It is sometime seen spelt Tow Rag because the original context has long since been obsolete.

It is still in use especially where I grew up, near Liverpool. Tow rag is completely inaccurate.

Reactions: Frisco
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones