1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Downside to purchasing through Wirefly?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Camslam, May 13, 2010.

1. uzzadnun

uzzadnun Lurker

wirefly_scott,

Apart from the corporate discount on my plan, I also have an additional $20 discount per month (that expires a year from now). Ive seen that you've confirmed that customers will continue to have their corporate discount (for those of us eligible for an upgrade). However, there's been no mention of my particular situation, someone with an additional discount. My question to you: will I continue to have both my corporate and $20 a month discount if I purchase my EVO through wirefly?

Thank you for all of the information that you've posted on this thread.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. JustFrozen

JustFrozen Well-Known Member

3. tracerit

tracerit Android Enthusiast

how long can we expect the bing cashback to acknowledge our order? after it's shipped or after the phone's activated? just wondering, usually get a bing confirmation a few minutes after my purchase with ebay and other stores. i know i'm being impatient haha

4. JustFrozen

JustFrozen Well-Known Member

5. karagiozakos

karagiozakos Newbie

I was just reading over at SD about a guy who activated at Radio Shack inside a Sam's club and they applied his corp discount on the spot. Not sure if going through wirefly would be any different.

6. rldev

rldev Well-Known Member

When I choose add a new line to family plan, it proceeds to give me all these expensive rate options for the line. What's up with that? There should just be the $10 to add the line, plus the $10 for evo premium, yet it forces me to choose data packs? Explain.

7. woofermazing

woofermazing Well-Known Member

'

You are adding it to a plan that does not have data included.

8. rldev

rldev Well-Known Member

I have everything family plan that does have data. I chose add to y existing plan, but it doesn't ask you for your phone number or what existing plan you have.

9. mattickus

mattickus Newbie

I followed the suggestions made earlier for upgrading the primary of a family plan by placing an order with my line as a contract extension on the 450 min plan. I contacted them this morning via their chat service to notify them that I wanted to stay on my family plan. They fixed my order immediately. I still get the $50 cashback from Bing BUT the phone costs $189.99 instead of $169.99. Still a great deal IMHO. Their chat customer service was fast and helpful. I just hope that my phone ships today!

10. mx7

mx7 Well-Known Member

Give it a few days

11. mattickus

mattickus Newbie

Looks like they are already out of stock =(

12. darweth

darweth Member

What time did you complete you order? My verification emailed arrived @ 12:08am and I hope that doesn't affect me. I am still on the credit check with Sprint stage. No "order is nearly complete."

13. mattickus

mattickus Newbie

My order confirmation arrived at 12:23am.

14. darweth

darweth Member

Thank you for your order.
    Your order has been sent to Sprint for approval. There is nothing that you need to do until Sprint reviews your application for service.

Once Sprint approves your order, we will process and ship your new phone(s) right away.

So you complete the above stage?

15. mattickus

mattickus Newbie

Yes, my official status is "Credit Approved."

16. darweth

darweth Member

Crap crap crap. I have a crazy high credit score. This is bonkers! I wonder whether order time or credit approved time gets priority on shipping (no offense). ;) I am going to assume they ship them in batches and not until sometime in the afternoon. I could be wrong.

I also wonder if number porting from T-Mobile to Sprint slows that step down.

17. mattickus

mattickus Newbie

Haha that would be nice considering I have excellent credit. However, I don't think they actually hit my credit since I am an existing customer with 4 lines.

18. yoshimaru

yoshimaru Lurker

I saw this price too earlier this morning, but it's @ 189.99 now... what's up with that?

19. belleater

belleater Newbie

you snooze you lose

20. rassclawt

rassclawt Lurker

I'm still pending approval. I hope they didn't run out of phones to ship.

21. won't let me buy it. can't click the next link. and it's 189 now was at 169 at 12am

22. CrysDark

CrysDark Lurker

Le Sigh same here.

My order confirmation was sent to me at 9:38 PST Credit Approved at 6:12 AM PST. . .

Come on Scott what about this...
    You ran out in 30 minutes??? :(

23. darweth

darweth Member

Sheeeit. My credit has not been approved yet, but I hope I am sent one being that my order was sent in 8 minutes after midnight!

24. CrysDark

CrysDark Lurker

I got a PM from wirefly_terry on slickdeals, she said they are shipping today. Maybe something is wonky with whereismyorder.. Looking forward to my Evo!!

25. Wirefly_Scott

Wirefly_Scott Newbie

$50 cashback per phone will appear in your Bing account within 48 hours of shipping.

The Everything Data plan for families covers two phones. If you add a 3rd line with unlimited data, that line requires the Everything Data add-a-line plan, which is is $19.99 instead of $9.99. Then with the EVO, it's another $10/month for the Premium 4G data.

Not to worry. As of right now, we have EVOs in stock -- more than we've taken orders for, anyway. Agents looking an order this morning might have seen an "out of stock" status becuase the devices weren't "officially" entered into inventory yet. Rest assured, as of right now, we have the Sprint EVO and will begin shipping today.

HTC EVO 4G Forum

The HTC EVO 4G release date was June 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

June 2010
Release Date
Reviews