1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Dr Dre Headphone Issues

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by xnoctis93, Feb 22, 2011.

1. xnoctis93

xnoctis93 Member
    None

Sep 5, 2010
    Hi: I'm not sure if this is a problem with my headphones, or the headphone jack. The earphones are dre dre beats(tours) which my friend just gave me to use, they sound fine when they're plugged into my captivate. But i realized if i wiggle the cable near where it enters the phones jack, my music player stops playing music. So for example, using doubleTwist, stock music player, youtube vids, when i wiggle the cord near the jack, the music/video stops, and I have to press the play button again. I tried a friends headphones(seinheisser) and wiggled it, and there was no issues. What should I do?

Advertisement

2. mttfrog13

mttfrog13 Android Enthusiast
    None

May 5, 2010
    Male
    Pennsylvania
    If you can't replicate the issue with another set of headphones, then the issue is most likely with the headphones. Try the headphones in another media player or laptop. If they still do the same thing, something is probably wrong with those overpriced dre beats headphones that people wear more now as a fashion statement than sound quality.

3. xnoctis93

xnoctis93 Member
    None

Sep 5, 2010
    alright, i don't think it's the jack, i put standard ipod earphones in my captivate and all played fine...probably the earphones since when i plugged them into a mac nearby to listen to a youtube vid and rolled the wire tip around sound was lost. thnks anyways