1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

DRACOdesign S3 Review - Pics Inside

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by chrischoi, Aug 13, 2012.

1. chrischoi

chrischoi Member

[​IMG]

The Draco S3 is a PREMIUM aluminum case offered by DRACOdesign, made of aircraft grade A6061 aluminum. The fit and finish is far superior to all the other metal bumpers I have owned. It has very solid lock up. The Flare Red finish is flawless, unlike its competitor's cases which included several imperfections and markings.

Thank You DRACOdesign - Dracodesign Inc.

Larger pictures can be found here. - Review: DRACOdesign S3 ~ chrischoi

The packaging alone is very nice. It looks clean and modern. I was impressed when receiving this in the mail. I felt bad for having to open up the box.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Upon removing the case from its packaging I checked over the contents. I found what they called a Strap Cable. It's a convenient wrist strap that works as a micro-USB cable. You can connect it to the strap loop opening on the bottom right of the case.

[​IMG]

When picking up the case, I notice a nice heft. It's not heavy. It's a comfortable weight and feels like a quality build. I was glad to find that the volume rocker and power button were made of aluminum as well. The case fit very well in my hand. It did not have the boxy feeling of other metal bumpers.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Unlike other metal bumpers, I am able to lay this down and not worry about the camera. It's very flush, it seems to keep the camera off the surface. The opening ports are a good size. They are large enough to fit the OEM Samsung Data Cable. As I've complimented the finish of this case, the edges are rounded off. DRACOdesign really paid attention to the small details.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I have to say I am thoroughly impressed and I rate this case highly on my list. The minimalistic design and elegant looks have won me over.

MSRP: $89.99 and is available at DRACOdesign S3 Aluminum Bumper in 7 different colors.

It is worth the price and from past experiences I've learned to do it right the first time or buy multiple cases until you find the one you want. I am glad the right case came along early in the game this time.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. sorka

sorka Android Enthusiast

$90?????????

3. chrischoi

chrischoi Member

Seems like most people are picking their's up for $59.99 on Amazon.

4. sean76

sean76 Android Expert

Lol...$90 for a bumper?

Very Very Happy with my 3 Diztronic TPU cases....Matte Black, Matte Clear, Matte Blue....$9 bucks each on Amazon

5. ghost0211

ghost0211 Member

i had a very very similar case like thise for my iphone and it killed my reception. at first it retailed for over 100$ but within the year it was available on ebay for $30. any signal problems?

6. chrischoi

chrischoi Member

I'm not having any issues. Maybe it was the type of case you had before or the phone itself. Sometimes the signal portion is cradled in.

7. barryl85

barryl85 Well-Known Member

It makes the already big S3 look MASSIVE !!! You would think a "premium design co" would take that into consideration !

No thanks

8. chrischoi

chrischoi Member

9. Eryl Flynn

Eryl Flynn Android Enthusiast

10. akita

akita Android Enthusiast

This will probably get moved to the Case Thread

11. Rastaman-FB

Rastaman-FB Extreme Android User

i dont get bumpers at all :/

eitherway there is a problem i see immediately with this product and its the depth and narrow. this will present a problem with aftermarket heaphones that have a rubber surround larger than the samsung ones or lshaped 3.5mm jacks.

12. GJade

GJade Member

wow that looks really nice!!! but... SOOO expensive... especially for a bumper..

13. Rdjr74

Rdjr74 Android Enthusiast

What about the surface on the inside of the case where it meets the phone, will it scratch the phone up? If not I may bit the bullet and get this, looks nice.

$67.98 with the promo code BTW. Still pretty damn expensive!

14. khunfused

khunfused Newbie

holy crap at the price. always wanted bumper cases to help maintain aesthetics of the phone. but that price man.... -shrug- guess ima keep using diztronic tpu matte black

15. Cheng8

Cheng8 Member

I had the same design case for my iphone, it feels wired as its more wider in my hands.

Also my beats headphone did not plug in as Rastaman-FB has mentioned.

I dont think they are worth it tbh.

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews