• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Drag & Drop songs from iTunes directly into phone folder in Windows Explorer

When moving specific music files from my computer to another device I got used to just dragging the files directly from iTunes to the folder in question.
(Why do I like doing this? It's really handy when I just want to move certain songs I already have in a playlist - much easier than dragging individual audio files.)
When I previously dragged and dropped, the file(s) automatically got copied from it's location on my computer to this new folder - I've successfully done this with my BlackBerry (previous phone), with other USB devices like an external drive or even my DropBox folder.

For some reason this doesn't work for my new phone's folders (Samsung Galaxy S3) when I have them open in Windows Explorer! The first time it didn't work I joked in my head it might just be Samsung and Apple just not getting along, but after checking a bunch of settings I just can't figure out where I can make this work.

A work-around I've managed it having an 'interim folder' in My Documents to drag the songs from iTunes to, and then drag from that interim folder to the phone's music folder.

Has anyone else encountered this problem? Is there any way to make these 2 play nice with each other? I just can't grasp why it would copy to every other folder and just not my Android's.

Thanks!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones