1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Drawbacks of Chromecast

Discussion in 'Chromecast' started by StephanieMialki, Oct 8, 2014.

1. StephanieMialki

Hey I was just wondering what you guys disliked about Chromecast? Or if there was anything annoying or glitchy when using it? Thanks

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. brosko

brosko Android Enthusiast

Mine has been great. Only thing a little glictchy is sometimes when casting videos the sound wont work but a quick reboot of the cc always fixes it.

3. StephanieMialki

Have you ever heard of YouBeam TV. It looks like it's a similar product, but I was wondering how it compared?

4. gtbarry

gtbarry Android Expert

I don't know if they fixed it, but initially I couldn't hide my SSID. Chromecast couldn't find it if I did

5. brosko

brosko Android Enthusiast

Never heard of it. Do a quick Google search and see what you come up with?

6. reno88jt

reno88jt Newbie

I have my SSID hidden and have never had a problem with Chromecast connecting. I have 2 of them and never had a problem with this. I do have a problem with loosing connection once in awhile. Rebooting the router fixes it. With the amount of devices I have connected to my network it's expected.

7. StephanieMialki

@Brosko- I have checked out the YouBeam site, but I haven't used Chromecast, so I wasn't sure how they compared- in terms of usage. I have a couple of friends who really disliked Chromecast, but I wasn't sure if it was them (a personal issue) or a Chromecast issue....