• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root dre beats audio utility crashes phone

kdeking1983

Lurker
Dec 31, 2012
Hi everyone. Been checking this forum out for a while. I recently rooted my sequent and loaded the stable clockworkmod. Everything was a success. After some minor tweaks I installed the beats by dream audio for root users. Install was complete. After reboot I lost all carrier service. No phone, no 3g, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth nothing. Flashing recovery was unsuccessful. Needless to say I was eligible to exchange. This is the 4th android device I've rooted in the past 4 years so its not my first rodeo. I'm hesitant on rooting the new phone. Anyways be warned.

yea that program is known for screwing up phones. and make sure you have updated the cwm since yesterday, the original version of my beta and the old sebastian404 version both had a bug that didnt back up or restore the data partition. so if you install something on there that messes with your phone and then restore a backup it still wont be gone. the new one hasnt been found to contain any bugs yet

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones