• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Dreadful iHold music...

rootabaga

Android Expert
Aug 11, 2014
Crazyville, CA
My co-worker got his new iPhone6 Plus today and went to activate it online...but can't because the server appears to be inundated. So he called...almost forty minutes ago. He has the phone on speakerphone, and Sprint is playing this absolute garbage, kind of a lazy jazz-ish acoustic guitar. Soundhound didn't recognize it, so I'm guessing it's something they commissioned...which makes it even worse.

ALL 'hold muzak' is dreadful, purposely designed to chip away at the victim's will to live until they decide that a rusty razor blade/short length of rope/glass of hemlock is preferable to another nanosecond of audio purgatory.

I spent nearly 30mins today listening to what sounded like Mongolian throat singers covering Oasis while recorded inside a washing machine.... truly, mind-numbingly awful! :eek:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones