• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Dream to Magic Screw up

Hope you get the correct phone XBrav.

Not only did they send the wrong phone, there was no packing slip to return the other one. Now they have to re-generate a UPS return slip and email it to me. Apparently, I will get my proper phone within 5 business days.

After I was done with customer care, I asked for the office of the president and got transferred to Business Solutions. I explained all the problems I've been having with my phone, the 911 update and having Windows 7 at home, then the phone not working, and now the wrong phone being sent. I asked for my original contract terms (IE no contract extension). The CSR told me that they didn't extend my contract, they kept it the same and it was part of the deal....I wasn't about to argue with him over that. I asked for data plan reimbursals for all the hassal and they gave me a credit of 3 months data plan.

Hope everyone else fairs better with their new phone.

Upvote 0
Ordered on jan 13, a month now still no phone...
Im with shipping department (please hold) they promised me a call on friday, since i have no reason to trust em i call before the weekend gets here..

oops they have nothing in my file from ups, what a bunch of skid marks!

spent 1h40 minute on hold on tuesday before they figure out they never sent it. and now they wait for ups

i Bet they have a pool to see who can keep a customer on hold the longest

Upvote 0
woohoo 35 minutes on the phone and the shipping guy is glad to announce me that the case is closed the fees have removed (what f ing fees?) and that i can place a new order.

First one on tuesday admits the phone never left, this one says it has been returned by UPS, what a bunch of liars. Ill be calling CSR now and start all over again.

Help me RogersMary im loosing my cool

Upvote 0
woohoo 35 minutes on the phone and the shipping guy is glad to announce me that the case is closed the fees have removed (what f ing fees?) and that i can place a new order.

First one on tuesday admits the phone never left, this one says it has been returned by UPS, what a bunch of liars. Ill be calling CSR now and start all over again.

Help me RogersMary im loosing my cool

Hi there. How's it going? If you need help, I'll need you to please PM me your full name and a number where you can be reached.

Thanks!

Upvote 0
Consider yourselves lucky, atleast you got somewhere. I called in and was basically told that because I actually bought my phone I don't deserve the same support or respect as other customers who got their phones for free. What kind of backward thinking is that? I'm more than a little ticked off at the moment. I think I'm gonna just cancel rogers and find a service provider who actually gives a damn about thier customers, I don't pay these guys a monthly fee to be treated like garbage.

Upvote 0
P-Alexander
It sure sucks, i guess your phone is locked with Rogers ROM as well, out of curiosity how is the saving on a monthly bill compare to the 3 year contract phone? Is there any or being able to walk away is all you get?

btw i placed my order again, the csr check availability and told me they were in stock only for the upgrade program. I was promised a follow-up call on tuesday.

Upvote 0
Consider yourselves lucky, atleast you got somewhere. I called in and was basically told that because I actually bought my phone I don't deserve the same support or respect as other customers who got their phones for free. What kind of backward thinking is that? I'm more than a little ticked off at the moment. I think I'm gonna just cancel rogers and find a service provider who actually gives a damn about thier customers, I don't pay these guys a monthly fee to be treated like garbage.

I think the issue is the condition where you need to extend your contract to 3 years. I agree, it's really not fair to you that because you chose choice #2 (Pay now, more freedom), you were robbed of the same right that the rest of us have.

I'm sorry as I do not know the conditions of your current Rogers set-up. However, assuming you have an active and payed-in-full Rogers account, you should have a right to demand some answers. Mary, could you please work with Alexander? I'm sure he's not the only one to have this issue.

By the way, my phone arrived on the 12th. SIM was taken perfectly fine, everything worked. I'm using the Dream now, and my brother is using the Magic. Now begins the adventure to see how much my Pay As You Go account breaks Rogers.

Upvote 0
Well I was already on contract with them when I bought the dream, so I'm not sure what kind of difference it would make. As for walking away, I really dont appreciate the way they're screwing me over on this, and yeah I'll cancel on principle and find someone else even if it does end up costing me money. I'm not gonna stick around and support them treating customers like this.

Upvote 0
Well I was already on contract with them when I bought the dream, so I'm not sure what kind of difference it would make. As for walking away, I really dont appreciate the way they're screwing me over on this, and yeah I'll cancel on principle and find someone else even if it does end up costing me money. I'm not gonna stick around and support them treating customers like this.

Alex,

Did you buy the phone outright to use on the existing contract, or did you do a Hardware Upgrade? I know for a fact that the HWUG is covered.

Upvote 0
I think the issue is the condition where you need to extend your contract to 3 years.

The issue they have isn't that I dont have a 3 year data contract, because I do, they added that on to my existing plan when I bought the phone. The reason they consider me not worth their effort is because I had to pay for the phone outright, I didn't get it through upgrade or new plan.

Upvote 0
The issue they have isn't that I dont have a 3 year data contract, because I do, they added that on to my existing plan when I bought the phone. The reason they consider me not worth their effort is because I had to pay for the phone outright, I didn't get it through upgrade or new plan.

So you're locked in for 3 years on DATA. That should be enough IMO. As I said, speak with Mary if you're not getting anywhere with the CSRs. Also demand an e-mail from the Office Of The President explaining why you are being treated differently because you bought your phone outright and STILL locked in for 3 years on data.

Upvote 0
I think the issue is the condition where you need to extend your contract to 3 years.

Wow. This is well beyond. He's on a plan with Rogers, his plan will get extended. Even in their sense, it does make sense. Extension of plan=cost of phone. Man talk to someone important they gotta make an exception for you. It's not the same as someone who bought the phone full-price and used their Bell SIM on the phone.

So you're locked in for 3 years on DATA. That should be enough IMO. As I said, speak with Mary if you're not getting anywhere with the CSRs. Also demand an e-mail from the Office Of The President explaining why you are being treated differently because you bought your phone outright and STILL locked in for 3 years on data.

Do what this guy is saying :) Good Luck ;)

Upvote 0
so Kyle B, anything new? I placed a second order on the 12th got a call from office of the president yesterday. they will do the follow up. CSR assured me Magic's were in stock, but only for the upgrade program. Still no tracking number today, I'm just wondering how come some people get it almost the next day and others go 5 days before even getting a tracking number.

Upvote 0
Well I spoke to rogers again, as far as they're concerned the only thing they can do about the situation is offer me an early upgrade with all the usual charges and fees. Obviously I wasn't impressed and after some arguing I told them to just cancel my acount. They really haven't shown me any kind of concern or respect at all during this situation. ohwell, I guess I might aswell go try and enjoy the last couple days of my vacation.

Upvote 0
Ordered first time on 9th february , was told that it wil be he in 3-5 days. Never got any confirmation or tracking number. Called 3 days later and was told that "apparently the CSR forgot to place oder on your account" and had it ordered again on feb12th , still no confirmation no tracking number..contacted rogersmary and received a call from Ootp saying that they have instructed to expedite the order (this was 2 days back) and a personal promise that shipping number/confirmation wil be sent out....as of today I have no written confirmation of the upgrade despite having ordered 9 days ago...so i guess rogers dont actually send out the phone until you cry and weep on the phone and say sorry???

Upvote 0
Well, I bit the bullet and called. They still have not sent my new phone despite promising to do so. Had to give them tracking # for returned phone. Hopefully now they will release the order. August 2012 is my freedom date from my contract....Perhaps I'll switch to Wind then or something.

I'm considering paying $400 to get free now. Would be worth as I got 2 phones for the price of 1. Mainly thinking of switching to Wind, but still want more area covered.

Upvote 0
i got new today from a friend of mine and his experience with rogers and this whole ordeal. i told him of the promotion and that he shoudl call to order his phone. he missed the deadline, and called on the 15th. but to my surprise and prob to all of yours he was given a black berry curve and it is being shipped right now. he explained the problem of the dream and got excalated and then got the curve as a replacement phone... what is this? i wanted to get a black berry and was not able to. i wonder if i return my magic if i can now do so

Upvote 0
I'm considering paying $400 to get free now. Would be worth as I got 2 phones for the price of 1. Mainly thinking of switching to Wind, but still want more area covered.

WIND has its issues. I went to their location to test out my Dream on their network. Unfortunately, the Dream's radio doesn't include the 1700mHz Band IV AWS reception. As such, you'd always be in the WIND Away zone, and thus always roaming.

I ended up taking my phone to Fido. The key is to not have your IMEI registered on the account, then they cannot identify your phone.

BTW, Fido day 2. No problems so far except for acquiring the proper APNs for Android-based phones.

As for unlock codes, I bought one for my Dream off of eBay for $5. Had the unlock code within the hour on the holiday Monday. If you want to know my seller, PM me as I believe it's against the rules of this forum to "solicit" services.

Upvote 0
Woohoo, after over a month, finaly received my magic today. No tracking numbers, apparently its been sent yesterday (16th) Just missing the 50$ rebate that whas listed with my first order tracking number. But since i got a rebate on data plan from Ootp rep for the trouble i had... Il'l still mention it when they call for a follow up. The magic is smooth running, but i didnt install much apps yet. my dream was getting very laggy since update (wish i didnt) and the battery dont even last a day now. I sure will miss the dream keyboard and that matte finish.

KyleB try contacting Rogersmary, i got a call fromn Ootp a few days later and they fixed my order pretty quick... Shipping department has been useless for me (if that's who your are talking to)

XBrav what is that unlock code your talking about for? just to switch providers or does that make it possible to root after the update?

Upvote 0
XBrav what is that unlock code your talking about for? just to switch providers or does that make it possible to root after the update?

Sorry that I didn't clarify. The unlock code just unlocks the carrier lock. If you try and put another company's SIM in the phone, and activate the radio, it'll ask for this code. If you don't have it, you cannot use that network.

I would adore a code to unlock ROOT capabilities. The fact that I cannot "sudo" in the terminal saddens me.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones