• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Dream to Magic Screw up

KyleB try contacting Rogersmary, i got a call fromn Ootp a few days later and they fixed my order pretty quick... Shipping department has been useless for me (if that's who your are talking to)

Yes, I was talking to Customer Care, then shipping. I hate to bother Rogersmary as I know she does not replace the normal channels for customer service, but I have received a lot of miss-information from Rogers and now I'm not happy with the shipping dept. Probably will do as you suggested. I do appreciate all that Rogersmary does to keep us up to date on what is going on and to take the time to address our concerns. I sense that her efforts are above and beyond her job description. Perhaps she is just stuck in between unhappy customers with how Rogers has handled the 911 update and magic upgrade and her job social media monitoring responsibilities. Hopefully once we all get our phones and have the new operating system, we'll be happier with the service from Rogers on a go-forward basis. I would like to see more competitive pricing on cell packages in the near future...

Upvote 0
WIND has its issues. I went to their location to test out my Dream on their network. Unfortunately, the Dream's radio doesn't include the 1700mHz Band IV AWS reception. As such, you'd always be in the WIND Away zone, and thus always roaming.

I ended up taking my phone to Fido. The key is to not have your IMEI registered on the account, then they cannot identify your phone.

BTW, Fido day 2. No problems so far except for acquiring the proper APNs for Android-based phones.

As for unlock codes, I bought one for my Dream off of eBay for $5. Had the unlock code within the hour on the holiday Monday. If you want to know my seller, PM me as I believe it's against the rules of this forum to "solicit" services.

Sorry for my late reply :eek: Nice man $5 is so good. Send me the URL to that seller. And as to switching to Fido, I have been considering that since I got my plan from Rogers. Wind's plans are so nice though. Well I'll have to choose b/w buying a new phone (probably a non-android) and Fido. Or I might just wait 3years. If WIND gets the N1, Rogers, so long. Unless its price is beyond $900 ;).Would be so many android phones I have if I buy one more :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones