1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

General Dreaming about other Android devices while owning the Moment

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by AndroidSPCS, Aug 26, 2010.

1. AndroidSPCS

AndroidSPCS Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2009
    geek
    USA
    I love my Moment - it just recently lasted 1 day 14 hours since the last charge before I put it back on the charger.

But I've been licking my chops at all the cool new Android devices that have been released - Evo, Epic, Droid X, Droid 2, Captivate, Vibrant, etc.

The last few nights I have been dreaming about getting one of those devices, because as much as I love the Moment, I really don't like how bulky it is, especially in comparison to the tiny 3.2" screen.

I'm counting down the day when I can upgrade to a slimer device with much larger screen. :p

So my Moment - you were great when I got ya last November, and you've been great, but I need to move on to new eye candy that's slimmer and more attractive ASAP!! :D

Advertisement

2. TJ110158

TJ110158 Member

Feb 14, 2010
    I too have the same dreams. But be patient my friend, and keep reading. Cause those devices have a very short shelf live. There are posting going around that they will end production on most of not all of them by MARCH of next year. So it I were you, I'd wait it out, or at least "CHOOSE WISELY"

3. momentoid

momentoid Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2009
    US of A
    Et tu, Brute? ;)

4. AndroidSPCS

AndroidSPCS Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2009
    geek
    USA
    And therein lies the dillemma. I can barely make it to a year before the itch to upgrade. With Android devices introduced left and right, I'd rather upgrade every 6 months if possible. :D:D

But I am not a rich man so I can't afford to do so. At least with Sprint I can upgrade every 12 months. I would kill myself if I had to wait to upgrade every 2 years!!! :eek::eek:

5. pastafarian

pastafarian Pâtes avec votre foie

Nov 4, 2009
    Sales
    The Sea of Tranquility
    I'm longing for a bit more dependability than I'm getting from my Moment, but I don't see the device I want yet. The feature that I'm most enamored with and the manufacturers seem to ignore is battery life. I want a LOT more. I'm sticking with Sprint for at least the next 15 months, so I have that limiting factor. The Evo is a little too large and it's battery life, to be polite SUCKS. The Epic looks good too, but it's made by a company that is dismissive of its customers. Fool me once..... The Moment is my first Samsung phone, I'm still undecided if there will be a second. I'm also getting a bit tired of slide out keyboards and it may be time for a switch.

If I were designing my ideal phone, it would have at least double the life of the Moment, the speed of Epic and plain Android without any sensemotowiz. A decent rear facing camera with hd video, the front facing stuff I'll never use. HDMI out is equally useless to me. I think a 4" screen is the ideal size thogh I'd accept 3.7, 4.3 is pushing the pocket ability factor too far. I'd rather have $10 a month in my pocket than the less than speedy wimax 4g too. I doubt I'll even get close to my wish, but it's nice to dream

6. pastafarian

pastafarian Pâtes avec votre foie

Nov 4, 2009
    Sales
    The Sea of Tranquility
    One word...Ebay!

7. godsdragon

godsdragon Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2010
    Male
    Retired
    Florida

I ended up buying the htc hero at full price!!!
    I am much happier now... but I am pissed that Sprint did not try to give me the bargain price!

8. EmoTonyB

EmoTonyB Well-Known Member

Jul 2, 2010
    Burlington City, NJ
    how in the HELL do you get that long of a charge??? i cant even get 9 hours of stand by over night!!! i turned off GPS and that has not improved much. i dont have alot of apps so is not a rogue app draining battery. i have full signal and 3g in my home so is not draining looking for a signal. i cant leave my phone on a table over night without waking up to a dead phone. i have cycled my battery (full depletion and full charge 3 or 4 timnes) and nothing. i am sooooo sick of having to have a charger everywhere...

WHY DO I GET SUCH SHITE BATTERY LIFE!?!?!?!??!?!??!?!??!?1?

9. SoulTerror

SoulTerror Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2010
    Male
    Help Desk Manager
    North Carolina
    It's hit and miss with the Moments. I'm on my third one and I can also last over 24 hours on a charge some times. My other two gave me about 9 hours or so. I even leave GPS on my new phone and still get good battery.