• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Dreamlyfe Themes, Docks, Icons [Updated - New Theme: 3.19.11]

Can you make the dock a little more transparent? Can that be controlled in LP? I feel like its too dark for the full effect unless you use a very warm background.
No problem. I just happen to be a 'warm color type' person, you called it, ANYways

Attached Two Alternatives.
The stock dock has a 75% transparency
The alternative has 50%, and the 2nd alternative 25%

Attachments

• Alternate Dock.png
    Alternate Dock.png
    1.6 KB · Views: 367
  • Alternate Dock 2.png
    Alternate Dock 2.png
    1.7 KB · Views: 301
Reactions: eric3316
Upvote 0
Great work! I've downloaded AND donated to support. I love the icons, though I am finding them a little on the small side when placed on my dock. I may resize them in photoshop and see what happens. Other than that I am perfectly pleased with the icons and the dock backgrounds.

Kudos to you!

Upvote 0
Great work! I've downloaded AND donated to support. I love the icons, though I am finding them a little on the small side when placed on my dock. I may resize them in photoshop and see what happens. Other than that I am perfectly pleased with the icons and the dock backgrounds.

Kudos to you!

I appreciate it, thank you :D

Note about the icon sizes, I tried my best to maximize readability while keeping a universal size. If you do find a way to make them larger please share :)

Upvote 0
I appreciate it, thank you :D

Note about the icon sizes, I tried my best to maximize readability while keeping a universal size. If you do find a way to make them larger please share :)

It looks like the Launcher Pro sizes the icon regardless of it's orig size. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

I think the issue for my over-40 eyes is the second line of type. I'm not sure if that can be increased without ruining the proportions, which are quite nice.

I'm due for some glasses anyway so it's all good. ;)

Upvote 0
Very nice, however i'm finding some issues with using this interface when trying to grab some widgets that normally will work on the Sense UI - 4G icon App, Facebook for sense, Calendar, Clock and a few others, From what i can tell it's all the apps that are designed by HTC that are not able to be displayed on the Launcher Screen. I do however love the icons and transparency, so uber CHIC! Love it!
Many many thanks !

Upvote 0
Very nice, however i'm finding some issues with using this interface when trying to grab some widgets that normally will work on the Sense UI - 4G icon App, Facebook for sense, Calendar, Clock and a few others, From what i can tell it's all the apps that are designed by HTC that are not able to be displayed on the Launcher Screen. I do however love the icons and transparency, so uber CHIC! Love it!
Many many thanks !

Your Welcome! And yes, the widgets designed for HTC Sense only work in Sense and cant be directly ported over to Launcher pro or copied. It's DEFINITELY a trade-off. Took me a good month before I fully transitioned over (It was the widgets included in Launcher Pro Plus that pushed me over the edge)

Upvote 0
As promised, here's the Dreamlyfe dock and 157 icons, some general some more specific. Thanks, for the help & support and enjoy! :D

Reference image:

Sorry for the minuscule post but I've been going nonstop and I'm pretty brainshot...

I put alot of time and effort into this project, If you care to donate via Paypal I'd greatly appreciate it.

Click Here to Donate
Click Here to Download

Update: Files updated to fix problem with folder names being recognized
Update 2: Files now include two alternative docks, one at 50% opacity and the other at 25%, to be used with lighter backgrounds
Update 3: Google Talk and SNES icon added

Thanks a bunch for the icons and docks. I will make a donation through paypal soon.
Quick question: Any significance in naming in two rows in your icons? Like whats the top row and bottom row? I am trying to understand the context and use proper icons..

Another question, what icon suits better for voicemail?
MAIL - VOICEMAIL
VOICE - VOICEMAIL
VOICE - MAIL

Another one is for Google Maps icon, which one is better?
MAPS - GOOGLE
GOOGLE - MAPS

Would appreciate your response.. Thanks again..

Upvote 0
Thanks a bunch for the icons and docks. I will make a donation through paypal soon.
Quick question: Any significance in naming in two rows in your icons? Like whats the top row and bottom row? I am trying to understand the context and use proper icons..

Another question, what icon suits better for voicemail?
MAIL - VOICEMAIL
VOICE - VOICEMAIL
VOICE - MAIL

Another one is for Google Maps icon, which one is better?
MAPS - GOOGLE
GOOGLE - MAPS

Would appreciate your response.. Thanks again..

Quite honestly I was just trying to make sure the user as the option to have the dock say what they want without conflicts. Say for instance you're running "Google:Maps" & "Google:Voice" and want both on the same dock. Instead of having two icons whose larger text reads "Google", you could it read "Google:Voice" and "Maps:Google" to differentiate

Reactions: osirusrising
Upvote 0
Your Welcome! And yes, the widgets designed for HTC Sense only work in Sense and cant be directly ported over to Launcher pro or copied. It's DEFINITELY a trade-off. Took me a good month before I fully transitioned over (It was the widgets included in Launcher Pro Plus that pushed me over the edge)

Awesome, If i had the money right now, believe me i would so DONATE....however maybe i can help donate in other ways. I'm a coder by trade and occupation, My company designs ECM products, and i have a good deal of knowledge around the SDK for android. Do you possibly know of any good free widgets for the 4g on/off toggle and possibly the facebook stream?
Maybe something to look into porting or helping you with. I really have to appreciate this kind of work. It's a good thing from the community. OpenSource = FTW

Upvote 0
Awesome, If i had the money right now, believe me i would so DONATE....however maybe i can help donate in other ways. I'm a coder by trade and occupation, My company designs ECM products, and i have a good deal of knowledge around the SDK for android. Do you possibly know of any good free widgets for the 4g on/off toggle and possibly the facebook stream?
Maybe something to look into porting or helping you with. I really have to appreciate this kind of work. It's a good thing from the community. OpenSource = FTW
Hello, Thanks i DEFINITLY appreciate the effort. At the moment I don't know of too many different widgets (I'm waiting for the Launcher Pro Plus Frienstream).
I'm kind of bummed, earlier I was looking for help coding widgets for a "Zune-like" UI. I just happen to have come across an app that does so

ROUGH preview:
devicedk.png

If you're interested/able to help hardcode dedicated widgets (or a pack/installer), I'd love to work together on it

Upvote 0
Can I trouble you to add some more icons to your pack? I have a few specific ones I'd like to add to my dock and don't have the software to do it (happy to donate too, and it'll also help your library!)

Please can you create ones for:

• Widget Locker
  • Tapatalk
  • LastPass

Thanks very much...

Upvote 0
Can I trouble you to add some more icons to your pack? I have a few specific ones I'd like to add to my dock and don't have the software to do it (happy to donate too, and it'll also help your library!)

Please can you create ones for:

• Widget Locker
  • Tapatalk
  • LastPass

Thanks very much...

Thank YOU for the support/donation, Enjoy :D

Attachments

• Lastpass.png
    Lastpass.png
    6.7 KB · Views: 115
  • Tapatalk.png
    Tapatalk.png
    5.2 KB · Views: 88
  • Widget Locker.png
    Widget Locker.png
    6.9 KB · Views: 122
Upvote 0
this wont work with adw huh?

I doubt it, I can explore porting the icons over but it's a bit too much extra work to do at the moment. (moving in to my dorm on Sat.) We shall see.

brilliant. I was using manup's but this dock is nice and i like the icons more.

Wish they were just a little bigger :(

but other than that it looks sexxy

Thanks and enjoy! I would have liked to create larger icons but the launcher Pro program restricts the dimensions of the icons.

Wow that was quick. Many thanks and donated... :)

No problem, Thank YOU and keep the donations coming

P.s *attached an icon for the Trillian Beta app that was just released.

Q: Where is the new google talk icon? i dont see it in the google folder after i redownloaded the pack.

I just re downloaded the file, showed up fine for me, I went ahead and attached the icon though..

Attachments

• Trillian.png
    Trillian.png
    6.7 KB · Views: 89
  • Talk.png
    Talk.png
    6.3 KB · Views: 95
Reactions: jeronimo
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones