• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Dreamlyfe Themes, Docks, Icons [Updated - New Theme: 3.19.11]

You're not the first to try definitely. If an app that allows you to unzip files on the cell phone exist then problem solved! Till then good luck with the laptop! I hate those (down)times[/QUOTE]

Messed up the quote again. But the other icon pack i downloaded was a zip file. I just used astro and moved the folder into the sd card and they all showed up in my gallery.

Upvote 0
How would I go about making the text bigger and removing the bottom text?
You could download adobe fireworks or photoshop and remove the bottom text
yourself but at the moment there's no way to noticeably enlarge the text because launcher pro resizes all icons to a pre-set size.

Messed up the quote again. But the other icon pack i downloaded was a zip file. I just used astro and moved the folder into the sd card and they all showed up in my gallery.
i cant imagine while the same wouldn't work for this pack then...are you unzipping the files to the "pictures" folder or "dcim"?

Upvote 0
Order:
Home Screen Centre Dock
Home Screen Left Dock
Home Screen Right Dock
Home Screen Right

snap20100826202719.png

snap20100826202729.png

snap20100826202733.png

snap20100826202724.png

Excellent excellent icon pack

Upvote 0
Can you tell us what font you are using so we can make our own matching icons for odd apps?
And one thing I cannot figure out is how to use these text icons on the screen instead of the dock at he bottom.
The font is Calibri.

I never intended for the icons to be used on the actual screen so, depending on what you want the icons for or where, the method varies

Upvote 0
As promised, here's the Dreamlyfe dock and 157 icons, some general some more specific. Thanks, for the help & support and enjoy! :D

Reference image:
deviceu.png

Sorry for the minuscule post but I've been going nonstop and I'm pretty brainshot...

I put alot of time and effort into this project, If you care to donate via Paypal I'd greatly appreciate it.

Click Here to Donate
Click Here to Download

Update: Files updated to fix problem with folder names being recognized
Update 2: Files now include two alternative docks, one at 50% opacity and the other at 25%, to be used with lighter backgrounds
Update 3: New Icons added

These theme looks great, would you consider porting to ADW?

Upvote 0
Can you tell us what font you are using so we can make our own matching icons for odd apps?
And one thing I cannot figure out is how to use these text icons on the screen instead of the dock at he bottom.

I did the same thing what you are thinking. Dreamlyfe is awesome. I got his icons and paid donations also. I replaced all my home screen icons with his text icons.

You will need Desktop Visualizer app. It has options to select icon and application to lauch for that icon and you can remove or keep the labels below the text icon also. I am in process of uploading my screen shots here. Since I don't have root access I am finding other way of porting my screen shots here.

Upvote 0
These theme looks great, would you consider porting to ADW?

I would definitely have to second this. All of the ADW themes I find are bland, and I would donate heavily for a port lol

Edit: Actually... I was just looking at how to create themes for ADW and it is surprisingly simple. Dreamlyfe, may I have your permission for attempting to port this myself?

Upvote 0
Hey guys, sorry for the hiatus...college. As far as ADW goes, I was gonna go ahead and try to start porting yesterday but the android market was down. That said I CAN do it, or loft if he choses to do so, I just ask that you continue donating :)
Between classes and being a boyfriend my schedule can get kind of thick so I hope you can understand why I ask. Be back soon with the ported files! Thanks again!

P.S The Dreamlyfe dock + icons officially hit 3000 downloads over the weekend!!

Edit: See next post

Upvote 0
Do these work with the galaxy s phones? I have a captivate and really wanna personalize it. I have it rooted and launcher pro installed and running but the pictures on this page don't show up at all. They say "navigation icons" . I've saved it to the phone SD card. Made a folder. All kinds of things and still just get text a pic should be. I'm going crazy trynna figure this out. Any suggestions?

Upvote 0
Do these work with the galaxy s phones? I have a captivate and really wanna personalize it. I have it rooted and launcher pro installed and running but the pictures on this page don't show up at all. They say "navigation icons" . I've saved it to the phone SD card. Made a folder. All kinds of things and still just get text a pic should be. I'm going crazy trynna figure this out. Any suggestions?

As far as i know they SHOULD work. Download the .zip file, and drag and drop the folder inside of it either to the "PICTURES" or "DCIM" folder on you SD card. Then unmount your phone, long press any icon on the launcher pro dock and navigate to the icon of your choosing. Is there anything I'm missing :thinking:

ON ANOTHER NOTE

Things aren't going as planned for me so I wont be able to finish the ADW port BUT if anyone else wants to go for it you have my permission and all that whatnot and I'll be available (either post here or PM me) to make whatever graphic/size changes that are needed to make it work!@

Upvote 0
Order:
Home Screen Centre Dock
Home Screen Left Dock
Home Screen Right Dock
Home Screen Right

snap20100826202719.png

snap20100826202729.png

snap20100826202733.png

snap20100826202724.png

Excellent excellent icon pack

Very clean, I like it! I wish I could have such a clean and simple layout, but I'm constantly switching features on and off, calling 40+ times per day, checking news, etc.

Can you also post your wall?

Upvote 0
Love your icon pack.
Donated a small amount. First time i donated at all! =)
Keep it up!
Like what the previous replies said, please find a way to enlarge the icon so that it would be easier to read and so that we could use it on the homescreen as well.
Meanwhile, could you do a couple more icons like

Dropbox
Goggle translate
Something for MSN

Thank You!

Upvote 0
loving this so far. just set it up today. much cleaner and minimal than sense ui. is there anyway that i can not have all the 200+ icons show up in my photo gallery. it really is a bit much when i go in there to look at my photos and 99 percent of them are your icons. thank again.

I haven't been able to figure a way to index the files better on the phone. When I originally made it I (wrongly) assumed that the phone would display the folder's in a hierarchy/collapsible way. My advice, and what I do personally, would be to create ONE folder on you sd card in the 'pictures' folder and drop the specific icons you want there. That way only that folder will show in your gallery. You could then keep the rest of the files either on your desktop or somewhere on your sd card where they won't be recognized and transfer them on the fly using Astro File Manager.

Love your icon pack.
Donated a small amount. First time i donated at all! =)
Keep it up!
Like what the previous replies said, please find a way to enlarge the icon so that it would be easier to read and so that we could use it on the homescreen as well.
Meanwhile, could you do a couple more icons like

Dropbox
Goggle translate
Something for MSN

Thank You!

Hey, I updated the pack and your icons are included, just go ahead an redownload on the first page. (I didn't just attach them below b/c theres a bunch of other request I included in the update.

Upvote 0
thanks for responding so quickly. i'm loving these so far. i try to keep things as minimal and organized as possible. don't like much on my screens so these work out great for a clean look. sorry for the follow up question but do you happen to know which folder i could move these to so they won't be recognized in the photo gallery? I'm not overly good at these type of things. All i originally did was drag and drop the folder you created from my desktop to my sd card. Was i supposed to drop it in a specific folder on my sd card? I guess I could always just delete the ones that I don't need. Thanks again.

Upvote 0
Hey, I love these icons. Unfortunately, Photoshop's waaay too expensive for me. I use GIMP for my photo editing. The problem is, GIMP doesn't recognize the text layers in .psd files. It makes them image layers. Would you possibly be able to save a template as a .xcf file so I can use GIMP to modify the text?

Upvote 0
is there anyway that i can not have all the 200+ icons show up in my photo gallery.
Make folders on the memory card. I made one called Used and one called Icons. All the ones I am using I put in the Used folder and all the extra ones, in case I want to use them, I leave in the Icons folder.

Hey, I love these icons. Unfortunately, Photoshop's waaay too expensive for me. I use GIMP for my photo editing. The problem is, GIMP doesn't recognize the text layers in .psd files. It makes them image layers. Would you possibly be able to save a template as a .xcf file so I can use GIMP to modify the text?
PNG files cannot keep layers so you are screwed once they are saved as a PNG. Dreamlyfe would have to provide you with a specific file type that GIMP uses and also keeps layers.

Reactions: williamcmoran
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones