1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Drilled in an effort to save money

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ehrlichparr, Jan 4, 2012.

1. ehrlichparr

ehrlichparr Lurker
    None

Dec 29, 2011
    I have recently purchased a Samsung Galaxy S2. My plan was to get a few pics of my beautiful town and post it on my website. DEfinitely I also wanted to get a better idea of how my website looked like on the PDAs. Unfortunately, my first smartphone has really disappointed me. As a developer I can easily say the software interface is really poor. The camera can't focus according to my requirement. I guess my effort to save a few bucks has really drilled me. :mad:

Advertisement

2. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

Jun 12, 2010
    Male
    IT
    Pennsylvania
    You can always change the way the phone appears and behaves by swithcing from the stock Samsung TouchWiz launcher. And you can try different camera apps for more control. If you ask specific questions in the forum for your device, you might find that the extensibility of Android allows it to be many things to many people.

Because the Galaxy S2 classification covers different models from different carriers, the forums have been split so not to cause any confusion. Select the forum appropriate to your phone.

Samsung Galaxy S2 (AT&T) - Android Forums
    Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket - Android Forums
    Samsung Galaxy S2 (T-Mobile) - Android Forums
    Samsung Galaxy S2 (Sprint) - Android Forums
    Samsung Galaxy S2 (International) - Android Forums

EarlyMon and B2L like this.
  3. zuben el genub

zuben el genub Android Expert
    None

Jan 24, 2011
    It's still 5MP and no flash. The 2 cell cameras I've seen really discussed in photography are the Nokia N8 (12MP, Carl Zeiss lens and flash - in fact there's a movie somewhere on the net shot with the N8) and the Iphone (probably since it's so ubiquitous.) It doesn't seem to be the megapixel count, either. I had a Nokia with a 5MP camera (also had flash) and the pics were much sharper everywhere else but on the phone. The Galaxy photos look good on the phone, but looking at it on the computer at full resolution still leaves something to be desired. This is where the various flavors of the Galaxy could differ.

It isn't so much the pixel count. I had an old 3MP Kodak digital that would give me decent 8X10 photos.

I have all 3 - cell, bridge camera and DSLR. Even the bridge camera can drive me crazy. I like the view screen which moves, but I am not a true fan of EVF. I'd rather have optical. Cell cameras can have very good optics, but so far, if you want any zoom type function, it won't be that good. The zoom will have to be digital, which isn't as good as optical. The phone is limited by design and space. And the sensor will have to be small to fit in the camera.

If you want good pictures, the best thing would be to pick up a book on digital photography for the beginner or for a point and shoot type camera. A lot of the techniques would apply to the phone.

If your pictures are blurry and the anti-shake/IS isn't helping - there are cheap tripods and you can probably find a phone holder with a tripod adapter. I have seen phones on lightweight tripods.

You can experiment with this. Try putting something like a toy or other small item on a table. If you can find a small bean bag, rest the camera on it and leave your forearms on the tabletop, too. If those shots are clearer then the tripod just might help.

4. Slug

Slug Check six!
    None

Aug 1, 2009
    Male
    Mobile phone retail
    Inverness, UK
    If it's a GS2 then it's 8MPx and has an LED flash.

As I don't think that the OP is US-based I'll move this to the S2 (International) a.k.a. GT-i9100 section.