• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Driving directions

A

Android Question

I used to use maps then moved to scout, both used to work great, however the last couple of months, stopped working. The turn by turn does not work which makes it useless. It shows the map but just sits there. I have the GPS on but almost like it is not recognizing it. Any ideas? Thanks!

IMO, every time Google changes Maps they make it worse. I've preferred Mapquest for a long time. They've changed that too - I liked the older version, which I still have a backup of - but I'll try it for a while and see if I can get used to it. I gave the new Maps a chance and turned it off and ended up driving the old fashioned way - stopping and asking for directions. It was actually better than using Maps. (Using a real road map [anyone still remember those?] would have been better, but no one makes the old Flying A maps any more. And driving with a big Hagstrom book in your hand is reckless.)

Last night I used Mapquest to go to a place I've never been before and, aside from the fact that a huge shopping center has a single address and Mapquest took me in by the closest entrance (which was the farthest one from the store I wanted), it got me right into the shopping center.

Reactions: scary alien
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones