• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

DRM to MPG4 on a Mac | iTues TV Shows, etc.

Ruben

Android Expert
Dec 20, 2009
I was wondering if there was a way on A MAC computer to transfer my wonderful "The Office" episodes from iTunes to my Android device. I only have access to macs.

I know some of you are going to say that I need to get an iPhone, but c'mon--I'm not going to get a stupid phone just to play iTunes. lol just having fun.

Thanks
P.S. sorry for the disorganized post ;P

Legally, I dont think so as I believe it's in the terms of service that you basically wont do that. I know there are programs out there that supposedly will do it though. I haven't tried as I really had video on my iPhone as more of a novelty.
Now, didn't apple get rid of their DRM. I'm very confused on this. Was the DRM removal only on the music?

Upvote 0
Legally, I dont think so as I believe it's in the terms of service that you basically wont do that. I know there are programs out there that supposedly will do it though. I haven't tried as I really had video on my iPhone as more of a novelty.

Just because it is against the TOS doesn't necessarily mean it is illegal.

Now, didn't apple get rid of their DRM. I'm very confused on this. Was the DRM removal only on the music?

I'm pretty sure it is just the music that they stopped using DRM on.

As far as your original question of how to do it....There are programs that can do it, but I don't use itunes so I wouldn't know which are the better ones.

Upvote 0
Just because it is against the TOS doesn't necessarily mean it is illegal.

I'm pretty sure it is just the music that they stopped using DRM on.

As far as your original question of how to do it....There are programs that can do it, but I don't use itunes so I wouldn't know which are the better ones.
Thanks. Is it legal to take it off? I spent 50 bucks on it, so I hope I can indeed use it on my android.

Upvote 0
There is contradicting laws on it. Technically circumventing DRM is illegal according to the DMCA. But, you bought it and want to use it on your own device for personal reasons which would be considered "fair use" under other laws. Realistically there is almost no way they would find out about so you'd be fine.

Upvote 0
There is contradicting laws on it. Technically circumventing DRM is illegal according to the DMCA. But, you bought it and want to use it on your own device for personal reasons which would be considered "fair use" under other laws. Realistically there is almost no way they would find out about so you'd be fine.
Thanks -- and let's face it, who's gonna check? lol I kid...

Aide from the clich

Upvote 0
are we allowed to discuss software that would change DRM to MPG4?

Hmm, tricky question.... in general terms probably yes, but linking to specific software or web sites would be a no-no. The big problem for a high-profile site like AF is that anything that that could be construed as encouraging pirating of DRM-protected media is a potential legal problem.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones