1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Droid 1 died today. D2 replacement?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by j0e, Aug 11, 2010.

1. j0e

j0e Newbie
    None

Oct 19, 2009
    I've been strugging with my Droid 1 for quite some time now - at first I was experiencing the headphone jack issue where random songs would start playing if it moved even the slightest bit. About a month ago, it stopped charging with a car charger and would only charge with the wall charger when angled a certain way. Well, as of today it won't even charge. I had to have a friend charge up my battery just to turn the phone on.

I am really excited about the Droid 2 coming out tomorrow and would love to leverage my way into getting one as a replacement for my dead Droid 1. I also have been reading that VZW is listing the Droid 1 as "out of stock." Has anyone had any success upgrading to a new phone when their old phone dies? If so, how did you go about doing this?

Any help is much appreciated!

Advertisement

2. rossmathis

rossmathis Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 8, 2010
    Male
    Ummmm....yeeaahh! I highly doubt they'll be replacing your Droid 1 with the Droid 2. Especially with the plentiful Droid 1 refurbs sitting in warehouses. Not to mention, they'll want to issue those Droid 2 devices to new/upgrading customers. Wishful thinking though. :)

3. jradicle11

jradicle11 That Guy
    None

Feb 6, 2010
    Lifeguard
    Illinois
    Your best bet would be to call various Verizon stores and asking if they have Droid's in stock. If they don't, tell them yours broke and pray you'll get a Droid 2.