1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Droid 2.1 Live Wallpapers not working

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by nachokingp, Mar 31, 2010.

1. nachokingp

nachokingp Member

Jan 21, 2010
    My 2.1 update got pushed through this morning and I immediately set a Live Wallpaper on my desktop. I have found that the wallpeprs don't "stick" when I turn the screen off and then turn it back on, it defaults back to the wallpaper I had set prior to changing it to the Live Wallpaper, or the screen just has a black background. At first I thought it maybe Live Wallpaper was conflicting with my Locale app, so I disabled it, but it's still doing it after. Has anyone else experienced this and is there a fix? :thinking:

Advertisement

2. grainysand

grainysand Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2010
    Sounds like your task manager/killer is force-closing the live wallpaper app. Check that.

3. cmills93

cmills93 Member

Nov 6, 2009
    Mine are working fine and I don't use a task killer.

4. messenger13

messenger13 Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2009
    Director of IT
    Cleveland, OH
    I do use a task killer (not that I see what that has to do with it), and Live Wallpapers are working on mine.

5. xp2002

xp2002 Member

Mar 31, 2010
    If your using task killer you have to add the live wallpaper to the ignore list are it will do that.

6. droidpcguru

droidpcguru Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2009
    Northwestern PA, USA
    The Task killer app I have(Taskiller) has a setting to autokill when the screen shuts off/device sleeps. If the live wallpapers are not on it's ignore list, they will be killed when the screen shuts off.

7. icecold

icecold Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2009
    WI
    Do you have a home replacement app? Those aren't (for the most part) compatible with live wallpapers.

8. DaygosDankest

DaygosDankest Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2009
    How do I put a live wallpaper on now that I have 2.1?

Never mind, I found out.

9. nachokingp

nachokingp Member

Jan 21, 2010
    The problem was TasKiller, it was killing the live wallpaper app when I turned the screen off. I never set up the ignore list (not knowing what it was useful for), now I have and the phone works MUCH better. :D Thanks everyone for the help!