• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Droid 2.1

davehries

Dec 29, 2009
Hi, I am new to this thread. I am wondering if anyone knows if and when the Droid will get the OS update 2.1? I am running 2.01 and have issues with call quality and wi-fi connection problems. I am also on my second phone, but the phone issues still exist for me. Maybe 2.1 will fix them??? Thanks you.

OK, this got me thinking earlier today. Why havn't other phones (especially phones without added UI elements ala SenseUI) received 2.0 yet? The one thing I can come up with is some sort of exclusivity agreement between Google, Verizon and Motorola (ie, Droid gets 2.0 exclusivity for x amount of days/months).

If this turns out to be the case, we may just see the same kind of agreement for Nexus One (or Google Phone), and the rest of us may not see it for a while.

This is all conjecture and purely speculative, but it's possible. Though if 2.1 comes to Droid with the January update, my hypothesis will be debunked :p

Upvote 0
OK, this got me thinking earlier today. Why havn't other phones (especially phones without added UI elements ala SenseUI) received 2.0 yet? The one thing I can come up with is some sort of exclusivity agreement between Google, Verizon and Motorola (ie, Droid gets 2.0 exclusivity for x amount of days/months).
No, it's just because HTC is busy overlaying their crappy UI and additional mods over 2.1 to have given it to us already. If it weren't for them having to change everything we'd either HAVE 2.0/2.1 by NOW or at least be getting it sooner.

Upvote 0
I agree, sense is a great program. I think a lot of smartphone users (myself included before Hero) associate HTC with garbage due to the poor performance of the WinMo phones. The phones are great products, the WinMo OS sucks. Don't judge a book by its cover.

WinMo does not suck, and is still leaps and bounds ahead of both Android and iPhoneOs in terms of functionality. It's just the geeks over at Microsoft didn't make it user friendly, which WinMob 7 is supposed to be, and if WinMob 6.5 is any indicator, then it is going to be a very good competitor. Especially since you can locally sync, with many third party programs as well, PocketOffice comes in handy big time, and little things like easier copy and paste, easier to modify and make your own blah blah.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones