1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Droid 2 gingerbread! can we port it????

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ziggy46, Sep 1, 2011.

1. ziggy46

ziggy46 Android Expert

hey every one i saw a leaked version of gingerbread for the droid 2, and i though "isnt the triumph basically a remake of a droid?" so i decided to see if anyone here could port it. i think it would be easier since its already coming from a cdma phone already and the phones are so similar :D.... heres the link gingerbread leak

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Austrie

Austrie Android Expert

Ziggy :cool:

Probably not by a good chance.....triumph is a remake of huewii X6 thats why huewii software from other variants have been able to work for us without bricking our phones.....

3. ziggy46

ziggy46 Android Expert

oh ok... well then can a mod delete this please? :D oh and austrie, have you gotten any of my pm's?

4. tickerguy

tickerguy Android Enthusiast

No chance - VERY different hardware.

5. Austrie

Austrie Android Expert

Havent logged in to sdx on my new laptop so when I go there I dont know if I got message, going to go check.

Haven't got any new PM's.....

6. pwnyourace

pwnyourace Well-Known Member

maybe from something with the same processor like..the thunderbolt? :p sortof kidding sortof curious lol

7. isaacj87

isaacj87 Android Expert

The TB might have the same SoC, but it's quite different.

8. Austrie

Austrie Android Expert

To port any android version the both phones have to have ATLEAST 90% the same software, 80% is hard, 70% the deveoper isnt going to get any sleep for a couple weeks, hardware barely means anything, except a estimate of how much load the phone can handle.

9. tickerguy

Bluntly that ain't (very) true.

The problem with "oddball" devices like this one is that companies like HTC use the same chipsets for various functions across different devices with only minor changes. Same with LG. This makes it pretty simple.

This device is..... odd. That's the best way to describe it. And it's responsible for the problems we're having right now - the implementations we have to crib from are all from firms that have NOT released source to what they did. So while we have a kernel (which Moto was obligated to release) what we're missing is a lot of other bits, and we're literally looking for the match in the code with "grep" that happens to correspond with what we know we have, turning that on, and then looking for why it doesn't work and attempting to fix it.

We got lucky with the graphics hardware in that the adreno driver is already there in open source or we would have been completely hosed. That particular part of hardware, incidentally, is a monster - it's a very high-performance implementation.

10. Austrie

Austrie Android Expert

It isnt odd, just cheap/unoriginal by the company, Huewii toke parts from different phones(high end phones of 2009/2010) and made them into the X6, meaning, also its variants/rebrandings, but is still is still the powerfulest prepaid phone.

11. tickerguy

Oh no, it's odd. Drivers show up in odd places, etc. It makes it lots of fun doing development for it.

Motorola Triumph Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews