• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Droid 2 Global: 2nd Day

40A

Lurker
Apr 29, 2011
Hey Everyone,

So its my second day using the Droid 2 Global. Love it.

Apps:
Adv. Tast killer
Angry Birds of course
Astro
Desk Notes
Docs
Wheres My Droid
Battery Doc

And the list goes on...

Obviously it is linked to my gmail account and my personal account through my school- (which I still am trying to figure out how to send messages through- I can recieve them but can't send)

Overall I am impressed, I ditched my Curve and I am very happy with this phone. Sure I miss some of the things on the BB but it froze every five minutes and the battery was horrible.

However that brings me to my issue: My droid 2 battery sucks! Its 3:30 and I have 15% left, not too thrilled. Thats with battery saver on! I have done research on the issue for a while now and I keep getting mixed answers. First I read that there is a "break in period," then I here Task killer doesnt work on the droid 2 as well, then I hear i have to disble a bunch of stuff just to have a decent battery life and then install all this new stuff so the disabled stuff can turn on when I need it to.... Its a little ridiculous.

Anyway, all I want to know is what to do? I just want a battery to last a solid 12 hours- thats it. I dont over use my phone, I dont know what the deal is.

Anyway I am sorry for creating yet ANOTHER battery thread- I just want a straight answer on how to fix it.

Regards,
John

(Sorry Just realized I wasnt suppose to ask questions in this forum- but I dont know how to delete the thread)

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones