1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Support Droid 2 handcent problem (not the double notification problem)....

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by mcatdtDROID, Sep 11, 2010.

1. mcatdtDROID

May 9, 2010
    I sent a mass text out today.... people started responding.... But I am left with 1 notification for an unread text. Well, I have read that text, but it won't clear. I deleted the specific text, it won't clear the 1 in my status bar. When I pull my status bar dropdown menu, it shows the text, so I click on it and handcent force closes. I deleted the entire thread from the person, still didn't clear. Powered down, still didn't clear. DELETED handcent and reinstalled, still didn't clear.

IDK what else to do.... any suggestions?

Advertisement

2. mcatdtDROID

May 9, 2010
    well, I take this back, it doesn't seem to be a Handcent problem, but rather, just a messaging problem. I have completely removed handcent and the notification is still there.

3. Redflea

Redflea Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2009
    Try going to Settings>Applications>Manage select the All Apps tab and then the Messaging app and clear cache and data.

Just a random second suggestion if above doesn't work....maybe delete the contact that it went to/came from?

After that Factory Reset is about all that's left...

4. anish.awalkar

anish.awalkar Member

Oct 18, 2010
    I m using galaxy 3-i5801 apollo & facing the same problem...did d clear data thing but stilll d prob persist...dont know how to go about now

5. jkmasi

jkmasi Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Try a force close on the messaging app, maybe.

6. anish.awalkar

anish.awalkar Member

Oct 18, 2010
    Tried that for 7-8 times but no progress yet...

7. NiceGuysFinishLast

NiceGuysFinishLast Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2010
    FL
    Tried going to Settings -> applications -> Manage applications -> Text messaging -> clear data? I'm pretty sure this will delete ALL your texts, though.