1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Droid 2 having problems sending photos in an unrecognizable format "contentmediaexternalimagesmedia"

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by spletcher, Aug 8, 2011.

1. spletcher

spletcher Lurker
    None

Nov 16, 2009
    Hotel Industry
    Boston
    I can send photos but noone can open them because they are not sending as JPEG's they come across with this strange contentmediaexternatimagesmedia file name and Windows doesn't know what to do with it.
    I've checked every forum I can find but can't find anyone else having this problem or who knows how to fix it. Help would be greatly appreciated.
    thanks,
    spletcher@pyramidhotelgroup.com

Advertisement

2. spletcher

spletcher Lurker
    None

Nov 16, 2009
    Hotel Industry
    Boston
    I can send photos but noone can open them because they are not sending as JPEG's they come across with this strange contentmediaexternatimagesmedia file name and Windows doesn't know what to do with it.
    I've checked every forum I can find but can't find anyone else having this problem or who knows how to fix it. Help would be greatly appreciated.
    thanks,
    spletcher@pyramidhotelgroup.com

3. RJT185

RJT185 Android Enthusiast
    None

Aug 21, 2010
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Have you tried doing a factory reset? Revised the settings on your camera app? What about using a 3rd-party camera app?

If all else fails, you can either take it to the store and recreate the problem or you could SBF the phone back to stock and see if it was a software issue.

Good Luck!