1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Droid 2 having trouble charging

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by abcdefg1, Sep 21, 2011.

1. abcdefg1

abcdefg1 Lurker

I've had my droid for almost a year now, and today it just won't charge. I use the original charger to plug it into multiple outlets that have always worked, and I get nothing. If I take the battery out and plug it in, the light that tells you its charging briefly flashes on the side but quickly goes out. If I leave the battery in and try to charge it while it is turned off, the same thing happens except the phone will actually turn on and stay on because as of right now I have about 30% battery left. Another odd thing that happens is when I turn my data on or off, the phone will briefly recognize that its charging for a few seconds, but then say its been disconnected. I'm not sure whether the problem lies with the phone or the charger, or both, or how to fix it. Any help would be appreciated.

Advertisement

2. chrstdvd

chrstdvd Android Enthusiast

If you can charge the battery from the USB port on a computer, it is most likely the charger. If you can not use the charger or the computer, then most of what I have read on the subject says to get a new battery. I would take it into the store and ask them to put another battery in it and test it before I paid for it.