• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Droid 2 insurance, time to drop coverage?

Checkka

Aug 21, 2010
I've been paying the $7/mo Droid 2 insurance (TEC Asurion) for what's getting close to a year and a half now and was thinking it may longer be worth it.

Even if I needed to use the plan to replace the phone, I would have to pay a $100 deductible which doesn't seem worthwhile for such an old phone. Is there any chance I would be upgraded to another model since the Droid 2 doesn't seem to be listed on Verizon's website anymore?

I was thinking so just because at this point I doubt I'd be able to get a Droid 2 as a replacement. Given the cost of accessories, that would be a major reason not to spend money on an insurance replacement.

Also, I do so much with the Droid2 (especially GPS and music in the car), that it's much less likely I'd leave it behind somewhere.

Does anyone know if they are still available?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones