1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Droid 2 Issues

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by drunkitty, May 23, 2011.

1. drunkitty

drunkitty Lurker

This is my 3rd Droid 2 in 3 weeks. So far this one is working EXCEPT that every few days the display gets screwed up. While in portrait view (phone held as a phone - tall) the options that should be at the bottom of the screen go to the side of the screen, overalapping other items on the menu. This makes it hard to select them. At the same time, when I do select to go to the main menu to view all apps they are all crushed up against each other (more than there should be on a row). The only way I know to fix this is to reboot the phone and the only way I know to reboot the phone is to take the battery out. Is there any easier way?

Should I just give up and try to get them to exchange for a different phone? I got my phone through CostCo. The first one kept rebooting itself and in turn draining the battery within hours. The second one had a keyboard malfunction and a dead spot on the touch screen. This is the third one and I've had it for all of a week. Other than the issues, I love the phone.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Goodspike

Goodspike Android Expert

You can reboot the phone by hitting Alt-Shift-Del on the physical keyboard. I would check to make sure all your apps are updated and uninstall any apps you don't use.

Motorola Droid 2 Forum

The Motorola Droid 2 release date was August 2010. Features and Specs include a 3.7" inch screen, 5MP camera, GB RAM, processor, and 1400mAh battery.

August 2010
Release Date
Reviews