1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Support Droid 2 motorola verizon and tethering

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Viet_Vet, Oct 27, 2010.

1. Viet_Vet

Viet_Vet Member

Oct 27, 2010
    First of all, I want to say hello to everyone and thank them in advance for any help that is offered. I am new to the forums here.

Now my issues -
    I just got my new Motorola Droid 2 with the Froyo 2.2 OS from Verizon. I had the Samsung Omnia before this. Where I live, there is no cable or DSL available, so the only way I connected to the internet was by tethering my Omnia. I paid $30 for the phone data plan, and $29 for tethering (5gb). I was due for an upgrade, and I was told by Verizon that I could tether the Droid 2.

So here I am, after spending hours on the phone with tech support, and being told that you cannot tether a Droid 2. I am also told that in addition to my data plan for the phone, that I am being charged $20 for my "Mobile Hotspot", which has a limit of 2 Gig data. I mean WTF???? Great deal - save 30% and get 60% less?!?!?!

At any rate, the bottom line is this: I need to KNOW FOR CERTAIN if there is a way to tether a Moto Droid 2 with the new Froyo 2.2 OS. I understand that tethering allows you to use the internal phone data plan which is unlimited. THis is what I need to do to connect my desktop to the internet. HELP ME!!! I need "Instruction for DUmmies" to do this please :)

cliffs:
    -got a new Droid 2 2.2 Froyo
    -can't tether my desktop PC
    -need to tether my Droid 2 to my PC to access the internet
    -need to know for certain that this is possible, and instructions on how to do it

Advertisement

2. Welcome to Android Forums, Vet.

I've moved your great first post out of the News area and into the Droid 2 Support forum for you. You may also want to post a query in the Verizon sub-forum:

http://androidforums.com/verizon/

Best of luck to you. You'll get it resolved here with a bit of patience. ;)

3. Viet_Vet

Viet_Vet Member

Oct 27, 2010
    OOps, sorry for posting in the wrong place :(

Hopefully someone will see this and help me out.

Thank you!