1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Droid 2 music app starts up and gets stuck in loop after ending self initiated call in car dock

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by harrykon, Sep 14, 2011.

1. harrykon

harrykon Lurker
    None

May 2, 2010
    Background:
    I just updated my Verizon Droid 2 to the latest system update.

I have a Droid 2 car dock that I use to hold/charge my phone while driving.

I have bluetooth enabled on the Droid for handsfree calling

Problem:
    When I end a hands-free call I made via the dock app, by tapping the end-call, the call ends, and then the music app starts up by itself.

Once started up, the music app plays and pauses, plays and pauses, and gets stuck in this loop. Going to home screen works, but before I can get into settings>applications> to try and kill the app, it restarts the play/pause loop and reverts back to the music app. The only way I have found to end the loop is to take the battery out or power down and restart.

Other observations:
    This does not happen for incoming calls, only to outbound calls, i.e. only calls I've initiated while in the dock. I have not tried making a call from the dock, but without using the car dock app (just going to home and using regular dialer app)

I've read about the headphone issues, but I rarely use headphones, so I can't tell if they're a related issue.

I tried searching for music app starts AND car dock, and came up blank.

For kicks, I switched my car stereo input to BT audio, and I can hear the pause/start loop the Droid is stuck in through the car speakers. I don't think this is relevant though...

Any help would be appreciated... I cannot believe I am the only one having this issue...

Advertisement