• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Droid 2 or Droid X?

cToma

Lurker
Aug 31, 2010
I've been wanting to purchase an Android phone and I want to buy one that I will be happy with. I currently can get the Droid X or the Droid 2 for $199 with my Verizon upgrade, and I'm just wondering, which one would be better for me? I talk on the phone about 30min - 2hrs a day, depending on the situation. I am going to be on Facebook mainly throughout the day. And I text all day, at least a couple hundred texts a day. I want to know which one has better features, last longer based on my predicted usage, and the opinions on each phone.

Hopefully this is in the right spot!

Just as anyoen will tell you going out to the stoor and playing with the phones is the best option to see which you like the best.

I personally don't need a slide out keyboard and so i love my DX not to mention its screen is large enough to really get into the use of 2.2 FroYo with flash, i use mine for everything you could think of, including emulators.

Battery will be about the same for each depending on how much you use it for. i have mine going on a day and half with regular wifi use and only at 60%

The best thing to do is just search around on these forums, every quesiton you asked i have seen talked about in a few different forums.

Knowlage is power

Upvote 0
Just as anyoen will tell you going out to the stoor and playing with the phones is the best option to see which you like the best.

I personally don't need a slide out keyboard and so i love my DX not to mention its screen is large enough to really get into the use of 2.2 FroYo with flash, i use mine for everything you could think of, including emulators.

Battery will be about the same for each depending on how much you use it for. i have mine going on a day and half with regular wifi use and only at 60%

The best thing to do is just search around on these forums, every quesiton you asked i have seen talked about in a few different forums.

Knowlage is power

o_rly.jpg

Upvote 0
Want a keyboard, Droid 2

Dont want one, X.

The X does some things better. The Droid 2 does some things better. But decide if you want a keyboard or not first.

The Droid 2 has better battery life. (the rated talk time for the Droid 2 is higher than the X: 480 min vs 575 min. Thats a 1 hr 40 min difference. And the Droid 2 ships with a smaller battery??) I believe the speaker is better on the Droid 2. Droid 2 has 2.2. already on the phone.

The X has a better camera. The X has better video recording audio. The X might have better noise cancellation. I believe the X has better reception. The X has HDMI out that is being tweaked at this moment to work like the Samsung phones TV out: mirror image of the phone on the TV. (theres an app in the Market. It needs some bugs worked out but its a very nice first step)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones