1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Droid 2 screen buggy, freaking out

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by bwebber09, Mar 20, 2011.

1. bwebber09

bwebber09 Lurker
    None

Mar 20, 2011
    Papa Johns Delivery Driver
    Lancaster, SC
    My phone has been freaking out big time today, I have had to restart it several times and had to pull the battery and sim card too. I am getting really angry and don't understand why the screen is acting buggy where the phone vibrates and the screen just goes haywire. please help me ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Advertisement

2. RJT185

RJT185 Android Enthusiast
    None

Aug 21, 2010
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Are you rooted? Running a ROM? Or simply on stock?

3. buckyweet

buckyweet Member
    None

Jan 21, 2010
    Virginia
    I'm having the same problem after running a few months with a random reboot every so often, which I've found with this phone as well as my D1.

Running Liberty v1.5 w/Honeycomb theme. I've already tried reboots, battery pulls, SD card pulls, and full battery drain but no luck. Even tried wiping everything+cache on the phone several times and installing Liberty v1.5 but same trouble. I've since wiped everything + cache multiple times and re-freshly installed Liberty v1.5/Honeycomb multiple times, but my Droid 2 is still acting like it's possessed.

I haven't yet tried installing stock or a different ROM yet. Interested to see if anyone has had the same issues and a fix.

4. RJT185

None

Aug 21, 2010
    Pittsburgh, PA
    If you're having screen issues or reboot issues while running a ROM or running ROOTED with items Frozen/Removed your best bet is to SBF back to stock and run it for a couple days. That way you can discount hardware issue. If it were a hardware issue and your unit is still under warranty ensure its in unrooted stock like-new status and take it in.

5. jdog94

jdog94 Member
    None

Feb 1, 2010
    my screen freaks out when i am using phone while plugged into wall charger

6. RJT185

None

Aug 21, 2010
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Wall Charger adapters or your phone's receptacle can sometimes breakdown causing for interference to the screen. Using non-MOTO USB cables or wall adapters can also trigger intereference.

If you're not rooted and running the phone as if it was out of the box, take it to the store with your charger and recreate the problem for them.