1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Droid 2 stuck in landscape

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Frap, Sep 6, 2011.

1. Frap

Frap Lurker
    None

Sep 20, 2010
    Hey everyone, my phone has been stuck in landscape mode for the past week or so. I had to turn auto rotate off in order to be able to use my phone normally. This has happened in the past before, but only for about a day or a few hours, I did nothing special to fix it, it just fixed itself.

But now, it has been stuck for a week or so. I have a Droid 2 (Not global), on VZW. I just upgraded to Gingerbread, however it was having the same issue for a day or two before the upgrade. I am rooted, running the stock rom, however am using EX Launcher as my home screen launcher. I switched to the stock home screen, yet it had no effect on the orientation.

I have had the phone for about a year now, and have around 100 or so apps installed. The camera app and many other apps will not go to portrait mode, which is a real pain. I am hoping that I won't have to take this phone back to Verizon or SBF it.

Can anyone help me? Has anyone had this problem before?

Thanks a lot.

Ryan

Advertisement

2. Frap

Frap Lurker
    None

Sep 20, 2010
    Any help? I posted this in general discussion so more people would reply, but it got moved to this dead forum....

3. scorp64va

scorp64va Member
    None

Jan 11, 2011
    Virginia
    I haven't had your problem, but have you tried a Factory Data Reset to see if that clears it up? Could be something from one of the apps you've had installed.

4. Frap

Frap Lurker
    None

Sep 20, 2010
    Did that yesterday, still the same problem.