1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support droid 2 sucks

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by stix360, Apr 29, 2011.

1. stix360

stix360 Lurker
    None

Apr 29, 2011
    are all droids like this or is it just mine. d2g is having too many problems

-music playback hesitates every second

-music playback cuts out after 2 mins for no reason (i checked task killer/app manager everthing relating to music playback is not on auto kill)

-coverage is questionable (one day ill have full service at home and the next ill have none)

-right now it refuses to connect to the browser 3g or wifi (im on my computer now ind its working without any problems so its the phone not my location)

-crashes on a daily basis

-battery life sucks

probably more issues to come

Advertisement

2. mdram

mdram Android Enthusiast
    None

Nov 16, 2010
    Engineer
    Maryland
    ditch the task killer for starters

and i bet you have a bad app someplace

3. McLabia

McLabia Android Expert
    None

Mar 18, 2011
    Male
    Working...
    City of Sharks to the City of Live Music!
    Try a hard reset, that should clear up some of your issues with the internet as well as your playback issues. Like stated above, it sounds like a bad app is causing you issues.

As for battery, my moms D2 sees great battery gains from running Juice Defender on her D2.

4. NiceGuysFinishLast

NiceGuysFinishLast Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 11, 2010
    FL
    My D2G has none of these issues. It's my second, and the third will be here later today. (Washed the first, 2nd is affected by a bad touchscreen, but I'm ok with that, new one's in the mail). Like they said, do a factory reset (wipe cache, too). Install your apps a few at a time, maybe one of them is giving you an issue. For battery life, check here: http://androidforums.com/droid-2-tips-tricks/263618-my-battery-life-writeup.html. You could also consider rooting and installing a new ROM. I run Fission 2.4.3 on my D2G and I love it. It's faster and more stable than stock. If you don't want to try ROMs, you can get titanium backup and freeze the bloatware on the stock ROM, which will improve performance and battery life.