1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Root Droid 2 uninstalled Backup Assistant and got bootloop, reinstall?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by RUKKU5, Sep 10, 2010.

1. RUKKU5

RUKKU5 Well-Known Member

Jun 6, 2010
    Warehouse Manager
    Danbury, CT
    I uninstalled Backup assistant and am now stuck in a boot loop. after the eye, it goes to the locked home screen, a voice said "verizon wireless" and then it reboots. is there anyway to recover?

Advertisement

2. RJT185

RJT185 Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2010
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Look in the Rooting thread, there are several links and posts on recovery tools.

3. Redflea

Redflea Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2009
    Worst case you might have to SBF back to stock.

Possibly you can use ADB to push the backup assistant apk to the phone...

Did you make a nandroid backup before you removed backup assistant? If you did, boot into recovery (power on while holding X key) and restore your nandroid from CW Recovery.

4. RUKKU5

RUKKU5 Well-Known Member

Jun 6, 2010
    Warehouse Manager
    Danbury, CT
    thanks guys, I just flashed the SBF, I wouldn't have asked had I even known an SBF existed lol.

5. Redflea

Oct 6, 2009
    You might want to try Titanium Backup - it allows you to "freeze" apps, which removes them from your app drawer and puts them in non-running limbo.

You can also just hide app icons in Launcher Pro so they don't appear in your app drawer. If an app isn't running (and I think Backup Assistant is "quiet" unless you're using it) that might be enough.

6. RUKKU5

RUKKU5 Well-Known Member

Jun 6, 2010
    Warehouse Manager
    Danbury, CT
    I'm starting to think I should have used titanium backup because I don't know how to reinstall these apps..

7. Redflea

Oct 6, 2009
    If you use TiBackup you won't have to uninstall/reinstall, just freeze 'em. :)

8. kskjbuzz

kskjbuzz New Member

Apr 29, 2011
    What is SBF? I resenly rooted my phone and did not read tread completly and uninstalled Backup assistant. How do i get it back? Will a factory reset bring it back or will I Brick my phone? It is save to my sd card but it won't reinstall......stupid me.