1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Droid 2 Updated 09.11 and NOW issues with Market

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by shannon9830, Sep 6, 2011.

1. shannon9830

shannon9830 Lurker
    None

Sep 6, 2011
    So my phone is a Verizon Droid 2 and it updated on Thursday night and I installed on Friday 9/2 while I was a bit irritated that some of my widgets and shortcuts would no longer work on my phone I was pleased with some of the updates! However...When I attempt to update any of the apps on my phone from the market, from the settings, from the new apps tray, it will not update! Acts as though it is downloading and after a few hours (yes, HOURS) it will say "DOWNLOAD SIZE REQUIRES WI-FI". I attempted to turn on WI-FI, reboot the phone multiple times, clear the market cache, update from another method such as from the app itself, but I am not getting anywhere. I read in the market that some of my apps were not working with the update but just needed to be un/reinstalled and I did that. Unistall went fine, reinstall, cannot get app downloaded. One of the apps is Angry birds, another is my mobile banking app! HELP!

Advertisement

2. JDunc

JDunc Android Enthusiast
    None

Aug 23, 2010
    Image Processor
    Arkansas
    I haven't had any market issues so far. If it's REALLY important to you, I would SBF back to 2.3.2 so you can run your apps with no problems.

3. biggiesmalls657

biggiesmalls657 Android Enthusiast
    None

Nov 30, 2010
    Retail Clerk
    United States
    Did you enable battery saver thingy with the update? the newest ota makes you saves your battery by managing 3G for you.