• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Droid 2 versus Incredible

Hey everyone,

I just got myself a Droid 2 last week. So far, I haven't had any major problems with it. The fact that Motorola locks it down is a little undesirable and the camera isn't great, but that's about it.

After reading a few reviews (like Engadget's), I've heard opinions that the Incredible is a better phone. Do you agree or disagree. Personally, I could take or leave the physical keyboard, so that's not an issue for me.

I'm still within my 30 days, so I'm wondering if exchanging for an Incredible would be in my best interest. The Droid X is just too big for me, so that's not an option. Would I notice a significant drop in battery life if I went to the Incredible? What drawbacks and advantages are there to each phone?

After holding an Incredible and playing with the UI, I find both the feel and the interface a little better. Do you have any thoughts? Have you used both? What do YOU think is the better option?

Thanks for the help!

They are very similar devices, for all intents and purposes. Both have 3.7" screens. The Incredible is AMOLED, which makes it a little harder to see in bright daylight. Otherwise it's really small differences. The hardware is very similar internally, they are different architectures but in real world performance they're close.

Really, what it comes down to his Sense vs. Motorola's UI, the external styling and the keyboard. You say keyboard isn't an issue, so it really comes down to interface. If you only plan to use a stock interface, I find that Sense is the best of the manufacturer skins, though I prefer stock Android when applicable. Even then, you can use another launcher like Launcher Pro or ADW and make it however you like.

I personally like the Incredible because I hate physical keyboards, and I like the aesthetics of HTC handsets better.

Upvote 0
I'm kind of leaning toward the Incredible. I read an article that concludes that the Droid 2 is the better choice, but I didn't find their reasons very compelling (Motorola DROID 2 vs. HTC Droid Incredible (Phone Arena Reviews)). They said that the camera looked better on the Droid 2, but I've heard the contrary from many people.

There are only two things holding me back: Battery life and keyboard ease of use. I don't really have any trouble using the onscreen keyboard on the Droid 2, so I imagine the keyboard will be comparable. Currently, my battery can last through the day with moderate use (unplug around 8:00am and recharge around 11:30pm). I don't want to have a phone that I'm required to charge in the middle of the day every day.

Anyone have any thoughts on battery life?

Upvote 0
the inc can be rooted and allows the user to install custom roms, overclock and underclock, and all the other glorious things root allows. i also much prefer the sense ui over the ninja blur os that motorola is using, to each his own though. i'm still using the original droid but if i were to have to choose between the inc and the droid 2 i'd go with the inc just because motorola shouldnt have started locking their phones down the way they have...

on another note, how bout the screen on the samsung galaxy eh? pete already has a root tool out for the phone too, lmao...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones