1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Support Droid 2 WEIRD battery life help

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by emerica243, Feb 23, 2011.

1. emerica243

emerica243 Well-Known Member

Recently got a Droid 2 R2D2, rooted, Apex1.4 flashed. Heres my question, compared to my droid X the battery is so bad. Ill start off with a full charge at 6am, and come 7pm ill be at 20%. Compared to my droid X with like 50%

GPS, BT, Wifi = off

3G = on, brightness = 20%

Maybe 30 mins of call usage a day. And 100 total texts or so.

Not sure why this phone is acting so bad.

BUT, when i originally got it and rooted it. I started off by Flashing the 2.3.20 SBF, then factory resetting before flashing the APEX Rom.

While flashing with RSDLite 4.7 it nevr said the flash succeeded. It actually said failed, but the phone rebooted automatically and loaded the Stock SBF Rom successfully so i thought it was alright. Could that somehow be affecting the performance?

Advertisement

2. lartmander

lartmander Lurker

Have you checked your battery manager to check what is draining your battery? I have the exact same scenario as you with a Droid X and find that with both having Apex, the Droid 2 is horrible. I found out that the corporate email sync was crazy draining my battery.

3. CXXV

CXXV Android Enthusiast

ONly turn on data when you need it. Single biggest source of battery drain.

With judicious use of this I get 48 hours.

4. emerica243

emerica243 Well-Known Member

Yea i have, and its nothing our of the ordinary. But it just drops like 10% an hour for no reason. I had wifi on and browsed the web for a constant hour on my droid X and it only dropped 10%, on the droid2, went 30%