• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Tuscani712

Lurker
Apr 9, 2013
Can someone move this to the Droid 2 Section? I'm an idiot and I clicked the wrong sub-forum.

I want to get some opinions on what my options are for my Droid 2.

This started like 3 years ago when I bought a droid 2 a955 from verizon. After about a month, I lost it and couldn't find it for a month. Since I didn't have lost phone warranty I ended up buying an HTC Incredible and used that for the next year. After my year contract ended I decided not to renew it and ever since then i've been off verizon for about 2 years now. About 2 weeks ago my brother was cleaning his garage and somehow found my old droid 2 in there. After letting it charge for a while it booted up, but everything was wiped. Basically new again and has to be re-activated. My question is, is there any way I can unlock this phone since it's a verizon phone, and i haven't been with them for well over 2 years. And if not, is there any way I can just use it as an android device? I can't get past the activation screen since I no longer own the phone number, and I can't root it since I can't enable usb debugging or get into any of the settings. Would it be best to just sell it off to someone else? I mean it still looks new, it was hardly used.

Please and Thank you.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones