1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Droid 3 answer behavior weirdness

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by WebKat, Dec 6, 2011.

1. WebKat

WebKat Well-Known Member
    None

Mar 12, 2010
    This has been happening for almost as long as I've had the phone (since a couple of weeks after it was released) and it doesn't really affect me or anything, so I can't really call this a complaint, but it's *weird* and I'd like to know what's making it happen.

When my phone rings, most of the time I get the little answer dealie over on the left that I have to touch and then slide to the right in order to answer the phone. My Droid (original) was the same way. This is how I expect to answer the phone.

But sometimes, and I haven't been able to determine any kind of pattern for this whatsoever (and I've tried!), sometimes I just get a green button that says "Answer" and a red button that says "Decline" at the bottom of the screen, each taking up approximately half of the width of the screen, with just a little gap between them. In these cases, touching the "Answer" button is what is required to connect the call.

Why does that happen? What gives? It's WEIRD!

Advertisement

2. Clementine_3

Clementine_3 Android Expert
    VIP Member

Do you let your screen lock when it's inactive...have to swipe to wake it? I bypass the screen lock and always get the blocks, not the swipe to answer. Every once in a while my screenmodewidget will fail and I have to swipe to unlock. I have noticed that I get the old swipe to answer when that happens.
    So, maybe, if your phone is 'awake' and you get a call you get the block/buttons but if it is idle you get the swipe?

3. jerofld

jerofld Fixing stuff is not easy
    None

May 10, 2011
    Male
    I fix stuff
    Over there <points>
    The Answer / Decline is the stock phone app that opens up. It'll do this if the phone hasn't fully gone to sleep when the call answers in. The lockscreen (slide) method is if the screen is locked. Your phone probably shuts off the screen, but doesn't lock until a few minutes after. I have it so my phone shuts the screen off after a minute of inactivity, but only locks after 5.

4. WebKat

WebKat Well-Known Member
    None

Mar 12, 2010
    Ah interesting. I mean the phone certainly LOOKS off. The screen is black and everything, but maybe it's "hibernating" for a few minutes after I use it or something. Thanks for the quick answer.