1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Droid 3 email with html attachments - can't open them

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by UncleChuck, Jul 17, 2011.

1. UncleChuck

UncleChuck Lurker
    None

Jul 17, 2011
    This used to work on my Droid and Droid 2. I receive an HTML email, which appears as 3 attachments, 2 text and one HTML. If I click on either of the TXT attachments I'm offered the choice of HTML Viewer or QuickOffice to view them. However when I click on the HTML attachment it goes straight to the browser, which tries to open

content://com.motorola.blur.service.email.engine.EmailProvider/bodyparts/file/3/329_5.att

and drops me into a google search browser window.

It's as if the email tool is creating an address (storage location) for the attachment that the browser doesn't recognize. Over a variety of emails the pattern is .../file/x/yyy_5.att.

Using "Files" I can't find anything that looks like these attachment files.

Any ideas?

Also, doesn't anyone test this stuff?

Thanks,
    Chuck
    p.s. yes I can save the attachment into messages then view it with the HTML Viewer; no I don't want to do that a dozen times a day. And no, I don't want to download some other mail app.

Advertisement

2. UncleChuck

UncleChuck Lurker
    None

Jul 17, 2011
    BTW there is no space in the path "...EmailProvid er...", that's just from this forum editor somehow.

3. pwlocke

pwlocke Lurker
    None

Aug 7, 2011
    Did you ever figure out how to fix this? My wife just got a Droid 3 and we have the same problem.

4. UncleChuck

UncleChuck Lurker
    None

Jul 17, 2011
    Nope, I think there is a bug in the handle that is passed or in how it is parsed, but it's nothing the user controls. The browser doesn't know what to do with the handle it is passed by the email tool. You listening, Motorola?

5. MSJ1

MSJ1 Lurker
    None

Aug 23, 2011
    I was having the same problem. As it turns out, the html file IS being saved. Here is where to find it. Go to Menu --> Files --> Internal phone storage --> Messaging.

You should find the attachment in there. It worked for me!