• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Droid 3 Freezing a lot after Rooted

I recently rooted my Droid 3 using the Linux tutorial on [ROOT/UNROOT] Droid 3 root instructions (One Click added for Windows/ Linux/ OSX) - RootzWiki and it successfully rooted.
I left it on overnight and in the morning, I pulled down the notification bar and it froze my phone. So I popped the battery out and then after it rebooted, it froze about 10 minutes later.

It has done this about 5 times today.

Does anyone know what to do about this?

It rarely froze before I rooted it.

Thanks!

So you havent installed a rom? Just rooted?

If no rom, then that's very strange. Because you really havent done a whole lot to your phone other than gain superuser access.

Try doing a factory reset. Not from the phones menu, but boot into recovery and do it from there.
I say this because my phone got stuck once in bootloops after reseting from the phones menu. So I always do it from recovery.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones