1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

droid 3 issues

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by mhfromoc, Sep 5, 2011.

1. mhfromoc

mhfromoc Lurker

Hi all,
    So I started out with a droid pro which froze then went to an inredible2, hated the vitual key boards and would shut off, then to a droid 3. Loved the droid3 but then I started losing service...no tower connection. Went to tech support 3 times and I was advised it was a manufacture defect. I exchanged for another droid3 which worked great initially, then began to lose service again. Also, my txts were bouncing back to me. Loss of service happened at different times when I was on or off the phone. Finally verizon said to just pick another phone and they will exchange it. They said it was a defect so does this mean all their phones are defective?:D:mad::mad:

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate!
    VIP Member

3. scary alien

scary alien not really so scary
    VIP Member

Welcome to the AndroidForums, mhfromoc.

Not sure what is going on there...you might want to monitor what your signal strength value is (Settings -> About phone -> Status -> Signal strength). Lower numbers are better and indicate a better signal strength. I get an -81 dBm in my basement (on my Droid X which is known for an excellent cell radio) which is pretty decent. Anything up to about -90 seems to work okay, but I would think the cell radio is having to work harder in this case.

If your signal strength is really bad, maybe you could talk to VZW about a signal booster (if that is indeed your issue)...just a thought.

Good luck and glad you signed-up with us here at AF!