• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Droid 3:Root & Firmware update question

jaspelli

Lurker
Jul 11, 2014
Hi,

So I cleaned/wiped my phone and found out the hard way that a few of my apps no longer support my device!?! Of course....

So, I either need a new phone or update the firmware. My question is: if I root and update my firmware, will I be able to download apps from the play store that were previously "incompatible"?

If so which ROM is the most stable?

Thanks,

Hi,

So I cleaned/wiped my phone and found out the hard way that a few of my apps no longer support my device!?! Of course....

So, I either need a new phone or update the firmware. My question is: if I root and update my firmware, will I be able to download apps from the play store that were previously "incompatible"?

If so which ROM is the most stable?

Thanks,
You will need to go to play store using PC, find the apps in question, and see what are the min. Requirements
There are not many stable custom ROMs for the droid 3, I liked steel droid 5.6 (ics/4.0)
There some jellybean/4.1 ROMs
But camera will not work among other things.
There are some links to rooting, safestrap, and ROMs in my list.
sd_shadow's [Collection] of Links for: Droid 3 (XT862)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones