• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help droid 3 slowing down

things seem to be slowing down on the droid 3, go to make a call and it takes for ever for the dialer to come up, so I did a factory reset last night to see if that helps. is anyone else experiencing a droid 3 slowing down , mine is stock but up to date.

Mine is as well, but I realized the solution, and I doubt that it will help you. I am rooted and have Titanium Backup installed, and for some reason, the two most recent updates start running without fully starting, stealing CPU cycles.

That said, I've also found that restarting the phone daily really helps the phone. If you charge it each night when you go to bed, try restarting the phone and then put it on the charger. See if that helps.

Upvote 0
I've had that happen as well, particularly the "long time to place a call" issue. A factory reset took care of the issue.

I also did not install EVERY app I had before, eliminating those that I tried and didn't like, or those that I'm not really using.

My thought is that Android is no different than Windows. It needs to be reloaded at regular intervals to keep it running smoothly.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones